Online application is invited for 2 year B.Ed. course from the interested and eligible candidates for admission by the Calcutta University. The application form is expected to be released in the month of June 2023. Selection of the candidates for admission will be done on the basis of qualifying exam merit. 50% of the available seats will be reserved for Deputed Teachers and 50% for the fresher candidates. Find complete information about the Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2023 from this article below.
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to Calcutta University B.Ed admission 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||2nd week of June 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of June 2023|
|Last date to generate e-receipt of application fee payment||3rd week of June 2023|
|Publication of provisional merit list||4th week of June 2023|
|Final merit list release date||Last week of June 2023|
|Submission of hard copy of application form with payment receipt||1st week of July 2023|
|Date of counseling and admission||2nd week of July 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2023
The eligibility criteria for Calcutta University B.Ed 2023 admission are discussed below:
- For fresher students belonging to general category, the age limit will be 40 years as on 30th June 2023.
- For Deputed Students belonging to general category, there will be no age bar.
- Age limit is relaxable for maximum 5 years for students belonging to SC, ST and PWD categories.
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/ or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Humanities/ Social Science are eligible to apply.
- Those with Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks are also eligible for admission to the programme.
- The SC/ ST/ PWD candidates will be given a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying exam marks.
- Requirement of 50% marks shall not apply for persons appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of the NCTE, (Regulations, Norms & Procedure) Second Amendment Regulations, 2010 as laid down at para 8(i) of the aforesaid Gazette.
Calcutta University B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The application form for Calcutta University B.Ed admission 2023 will be released in online mode. Interested candidates can obtain the application form by visiting the official website of the university www.caluniv.ac.in hopefully in the month of June 2023.
- At first, the candidates will have to fill a registration form providing details such as name, email address, phone number, password, etc.
- After successful registration, the users can login to their account and fill the details into the application form.
- To login to their account, the candidates need to enter their user id (registered email id) and the created password.
- Personal and academic details like category, family income, nationality, qualifying exam institute name, marks obtained, etc will be asked in the application form.
- Scanned copies of the candidates’ photograph and signature will also be uploaded into the form.
- Once all the details are entered into the application form, it can be submitted with the prescribed application fee.
- A copy of the application form should be taken and kept safe by the candidates as it will required during the further admission process.
- The application fee is expected to be Rs. 300/- for general candidates and Rs. 150/- for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
- Payment of application fee can be done online via internet banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- After successful payment of application fee, an e-receipt will be generated that should be kept safe by the candidates as it will required during the further admission process.
Preparation of Merit List
- After the process of registration and application submission is over, the authorities will began preparing the merit list of the candidates.
- The list will be prepared on the basis of qualifying marks of the candidates and as per the info given by them in the application form.
- Candidates should check the merit list displayed on the official website of the university and in case of any discrepancy should not notify the university.
- A final merit list will then be prepared and published on the university’s website.
- Further process of counseling and admission will be carried out as per the names of the candidates in the merit list.
Calcutta University B.Ed Counseling Process 2023
- Candidates need to report for the counseling process as per the details communicated to them through the university’s website.
- At the time of counseling, the original documents of the candidates will be verified along with their eligibility.
- Upon successful verification, seats will be allotted to the candidates in the order of their merit.
- Selection of Deputed Teacher of Higher Secondary School/ Secondary School/ Madrasah affiliated to W.B.B.S.E/ W.B.B.M.E will be made on the basis of the period of approved services in the School/ Madrasah.
Calcutta University B.Ed 2023 Admission Procedure
- After the seats are allotted to the candidates, they will be required to submit their documents and tuition and other fess.
- Only after these formalities are completed, the admission of the candidates will be considered as final.
- Candidates who fail to report for the admission at the given time period will not be granted enrollment.
- No request from such candidates will be entertained and they will forfeit their chance for admission.
The candidates reporting for counseling and admission must carry with them the following document in original and self-attested copies:
- Printout of online application form and e-receipt
- Mark sheets of all examination from class 10th onwards
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Date of birth certificate
- Managing Committee Resolution copy countersigned by the D.I., if approved (for deputed candidates)
- Released order from school duly signed by the Headmaster/ Secretary/ Administrator will be submitted at the time of admission (for deputed candidates)
- Joining letter in school (for deputed candidates)
- Appointment letter (for deputed candidates)
- Approval letter of concerned District Inspector of School (for deputed candidates)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Can i make correction in application form after its submission?
Answer: No correction can be made in the application form after submission and therefore care should be taken while filling the online form.
Question 2: What methods subjects are available for study at the Department of Education, University Of Calcutta?
Answer: The following method subjects are offered at the University of Calcutta:
Bengali, English, Sanskrit, Mathematics, History, Geography, Economics, Accountancy and Book Keeping, Education, Political Science, Hindi, Urdu, and Arabic
Question 3: What are the modes of availability of application form?
Answer: The application form will be released only through online mode. No application form will be available at the University sales counter and cannot be downloaded from the website.
Question 4: Do I need to appear for any entrance exam for Calcutta University B.Ed admission?
Answer: No entrance exam will be conducted and selection of candidates for admission will be done on the basis of their performance in qualifying exam and teaching experience, if any.
Question 5: Is it possible to get a refund on the application fee?
Answer: Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are suggested to not make any request regarding the same.