Candidates interested in appearing for the BVP CET entrance exam conducted by the Bharati Vidyapeeth University for admission in UG and PG courses offered by it need to go through the BVP CET eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria will determine if a candidate is eligible to appear for the entrance exam for the concerned courses or not. Ineligible candidates won’t be allowed to take the test. It is mandatory for the candidates to skim through the necessary conditions required to appear in the exam as per the eligibility criteria laid down by the authority.
BVP CET Eligibility criteria
Before proceeding for the BVP CET application form, candidates should check carefully if they can apply for the exam or not. The dates of the application form vary from course to course. Here are the BVP CET eligibility criteria specified by the University-
Eligibility criteria for UG courses
Age limit: The age of the candidates should not be less than 17 years old as on 31st December 2022 for admission in undergraduate programs.
- B.Tech (Engineering): Candidates should have passed class 12th with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects or have passed diploma in engineering and technology and have obtained at least 50% marks.
- B.Arch: Candidates should have qualified in NATA or its equivalent examination.
- BBA and BCA: Candidates should have passed class 12th (HSC) or its equivalent from a recognized board/university.
- B.Sc (Nursing): Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as subjects. They should have obtained minimum 45% aggregate marks.
- P.B.B.Sc (Nursing): Applicants should have passed class 12th along with GNM from the nursing institute recognized by the Indian nursing council and registration by state nursing council.
- BAMS: Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- BHMS: Candidates should have passed class 12th with PCBM or PCB subject group including English as compulsory subject.
- B.Pharma: Candidates should have passed class 12th exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical vocation subject and have secured at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Pharma.D: Candidates should have cleared class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. Those who have passed D.Pharma can also apply.
- BBA LLB/BA LLB: Applicants should have completed class 12th exam with minimum 45% marks in aggregate.
- B.Sc (Biotechnology): Applicants should have passed class 12th examination with PCB/PCM subject group and have secured at least 45% aggregate marks.
- B.Optometry: Those who have passed class 12th with minimum 45% marks in PCM/PCB subject group and English can apply.
- B.ASLP: Candidates should have cleared class 12th exam with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. They must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics/Electronics/Psychology.
Eligibility criteria for PG courses
- MBA: Candidates should have completed bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- MCA: Candidates should hold a valid bachelor’s degree with Mathematics at+2 level or at graduation level. They should have scored minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- M.Tech: Applicants should have done bachelor’s degree program in relevant field with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- M.Arch: Candidates should have done B.Arch course from a recognized University or its equivalent and have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- LLM: Applicants should be a law graduate from a recognized University with minimum 50% aggregate marks can apply for this course.
- M.Pharma and Pharma D.P.B: Candidates should have passed B.Pharma with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent are eligible to apply.
- MEVST and MGI: Candidates should have passed bachelor’s degree in any of the subjects-environmental sciences, chemistry, botany, zoology, microbiology, geology, geography, life sciences, fisheries science, B.E. (civil engineering), environmental engineering, agriculture, physics, and biotechnology and have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- M.Sc (Biotechnology): Candidates should have done B.Sc in any of the given subjects biotechnology / microbiology / biochemistry / agriculture / life sciences / chemistry /zoology / botany with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- M.Optometry: Candidates should have passed B.Optom degree or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- M.Sc (Audiology) and M.Sc (SLP): Candidates with a B.ASLP or B.Sc (speech & hearing) degree of any university recognized by the rehabilitation council of India or any other degree considered as equivalent thereto and having an average of not less than 55% marks are eligible to apply.
- M.Sc (Nursing): Applicants should have done B.Sc Nursing or B.Sc (Hons.) Nursing, Post basic B.Sc Nursing with minimum 55% aggregate marks.
- MD/MS (Ayurveda): Candidates should have done graduation in Ayurveda from any recognized university
- MD (Homeopathy): Candidates should have completed Bachelor’s of Homeopathic medicine and surgery from a recognized university and have completed one year of compulsory internship on or before 31st August 2021.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of qualifying exam can also apply for the BVP CET exam.
- Those belonging to the reserved category can claim relaxation in age and marks as per the rules.