BITS Admission Test – 2021 abbreviated as BITSAT 2021 is the common entrance exam conducted by BITS, Pilani in order to select candidates for its integrated first-degree programmes. The selected candidates can get admission in BITS Pilani, Hyderabad campus and K.K Birla Goa Campus. The candidates going to appear for the class 12th exam in the year 2020 or 2021 can apply for the BITSAT 2021 exam. In order to apply, the aspirants need to fill and submit the online application form through the official website.
BITSAT is an online exam of the duration of three hours where the candidates have to answer 150 questions. It is notified that the application form of BITSAT 2021 is available from 23rd February 2021.
The application form for BITSAT 2021 is available from 23rd February 2021.
Here are the primary highlights of BITSAT 2021 that the candidates should know:
- The candidate who clears the 10+2 exam in the year 2019 is not eligible to apply for BITSAT 2021.
- BITSAT is an online exam in which the candidates have to answer 150 questions in three hours.
- The admission will be provided solely on the basis of merit based on the candidate’s performance in BITSAT exam.
- The result of BITSAT exam will be available on the very next day after the exam.
BITSAT 2021 Important Dates
The interested candidates can check the official schedule of BITSAT 2021 exam as given below:
|Important Events||Official Dates|
|Starting of application form submission||23rd February 2021|
|Last date to submit online application form|
|Correction window availability||27th to 31st May 2021|
|Allotment of Test center and announcement to the candidates||—|
|Availability of Admit Card||—|
|Date of BITSAT 2021 Exam||—|
|Publication of the list of selected candidates and waiting list||—|
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
Before applying for the BITSAT 2021 exam, the candidates should check the eligibility criteria given below:
- For all the integrated 1st degree programme except B.Pharma: The aspirant must have passed 10+2 exam from a recognized board with Physics, Mathematics, and chemistry as a subject and adequate proficiency in English.
- For B. Pharma: The candidate must have passed 10+2 exam from a recognized board with Physics, Mathematics/ Biology and chemistry and adequate proficiency in English.
- The aspirant must have secured 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology subject taken together.
- It is also compulsory to have at least 60% marks in each Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
Note: The candidates who will appear for the class 12th exam in the year 2021 are also eligible.
BITSAT 2021 Application Form
- In order to appear for the BITSAT 2021 exam, the candidates need to register themselves online through the official website.
- Post registration, the candidates will get an alphanumeric password.
- Then, the candidates have to log in using the alphanumeric password and fill the online application form.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide all the required personal and academic details.
- Apart from the details, the aspirants also need to upload the scanned photo and signature.
- After filling the details, the candidates need to submit the application fee in online mode.
The application fee for the BITSAT 2021 exam will as follows
- For Male Candidates: Rs. 3150/-
- For Female Candidates: Rs. 2650/-
- All the candidates who will choose Dubai as their exam center: US $80
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid only via online payment gateways available on the official website.
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2021
The Exam Pattern of BITSAT 2021 exam will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Exam)
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours
- Total Number of Questions: 150
- Type of Questions: Only objective type multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Total Marks: 450
- Marking Scheme: 3 Marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer
Subject-wise distribution of Questions
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions|
|Part 3||English Proficiency||15|
|Part 4||Mathematics/ Biology||45|
BITSAT 2021 Syllabus
The key topics for BITSAT 2021 exam are given below:
Physics: Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices
Chemistry: States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, Stereochemistry, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen, Biological , Industrial and Environmental chemistry, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Composition
Logical Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning and Nonverbal Reasoning
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, 2D Coordinate Geometry, 3D Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Vectors, Statistics, Linear Programming, Mathematical modeling.
BITSAT Admit Card
- The BITSAT Hall Ticket 2021 will be uploaded on the official website.
- The candidates can download their admit card by providing basic details such as application number, date of birth etc.
- All the important details regarding the exam such as exam date, time and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
BITST 2021 Result
- The BITSAT result will be announced online through the official website.
- After giving the exam, the candidates can check their result on the next day.
- The BITSAT Score Card 2021 will contain the candidate’s score along with correct and wrong answers.
- Every candidate should take a printout of his/ her score card for future reference.