BITSAT 2020: Admit Card(10 Sep), Exam Date
BITSAT 2020 will be organized by Birla Institute of Technology and Science for screening candidates for admissions into its science, engineering and pharmacy courses. The candidates interested in getting enrolment into this institute can submit their application form. The form will be released in online mode and the exam will be conducted in online mode as well.
The candidates aspiring for admissions should start their preparation as this exam is supposed to be quite competitive. In this article, we have provided you certain tips and tricks that you can follow for your exam preparation. This article also provides other details related to BITSAT 2020 such as exam pattern, syllabus, application form, eligibility, etc.
News: BITSAT 2020 admit card will be available from 13 – 23 Sep 2020.
BITSAT 2020 application form released. One can apply here
BITSAT 2020 Important Dates
The official dates for the BITSAT 2020 are given in the table below.
|Application form||11th Jan to |
|Editing of the online application form||1st to 6th April 2020|
|Allotment of test center and announcement to candidates||9th April 2020|
|Reservation of test date and slot by the candidates||10th to 18th April 2020|
|Availability of admit card|
|Date of online test|
|Applying on the basis of 12th marks and preference|
|Announcement of admit list and wait list|
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to appear for BITSAT 2020:
For all programmes (except B.Pharm):
- The candidates who have passed class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are eligible. Adequate proficiency in English is also mandatory.
- A minimum of 75% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects and at least 60% marks in each of these subjects individually is required.
- Appearing candidates are eligible too.
- The applicants should have passed their 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and should also be adequately proficient in English.
- Candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- A minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology subjects and at least 60% marks in each of these subjects individually is compulsory.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for BITSAT 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Application Form
The interested candidates will have to register themselves for the exam by submitting their application. The BITSAT application form 2020 will be released on the official BITS website. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal details, academic details, upload their photograph and signature and choose the preferred exam center. The duly filled application form will be submitted along with the required application fee.
|Male candidates||Rs. 2950/-|
|Female candidates||Rs. 2450/-|
|Candidates who opt exam center as Dubai||Rs. 4500/-|
The correction window for editing the form will also be made available to the candidates around one week after the last date of form submission.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The following is the exam pattern for BITSAT 2020:
- Mode of exam: Computer-Based Test
- Medium of paper: English
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 150
- Marking scheme: Each question carries 3 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|English Proficiency + Logical Reasoning||15 + 10= 25||45 + 30= 75|
BITSAT Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of BITSAT 2020 will be based on the NCERT syllabus of class 11th and 12th. The detailed syllabus for the test is given below:
- Physics: Units and measurement, Kinematics, Heat and Thermodynamics, Work and Energy, Rotational motion, Current electricity, Electromagnetic Induction, Gravitation, Electrostatics, Electronic devices, Waves, Optics, etc
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Hydrogen and s-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry, etc
- English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning and Nonverbal Reasoning
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Linear Programming, Mathematical Modelling, etc
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function of Plants and Animals, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plant and Human, Ecology and Environment, Biotechnology and its Applications, etc
Preparation Hacks for BITSAT 2020
BITSAT is considered as one of the toughest exams conducted and requires excellent performance in the entrance exam and also in the qualifying exam (class 12th exam). Below here, we are providing you certain strategies following which you can perform well in your BITSAT 2020 and class 12th exam as well.
- Make a time table and start your preparation strictly according to the time table.
- Collect the study material for different subjects at one place. Searching for the study material in between your study can waste your time and can also break your concentration.
- Make notes of the important topics while studying. Notes are also really helpful while doing revision.
- Solving mock tests and practice paper is very important to and can help you in finding out your strong and weak points.
- Revise at a regular basis.
The following are the recommended books for the preparation of your BITSAT 2020 exam:
- Physics: NCERT, HC Verma, DC Pandey
- Chemistry: NCERT, OP Tandon (Physical & Inorganic Chemistry), Arihant Publication (Organic Chemistry)
- Mathematics: NCERT, RS Aggarwal, RD Sharma
- Biology: NCERT, Pradeep Publication’s Biology, Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Reasoning: RS Aggarwal
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of the candidates who have successfully booked their test slot will be made available on the official website. The candidates should take a printout of the admit card to be carried to the exam center. The details of the candidates and the exam center will be mentioned on the BITSAT admit card 2020. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the test without admit card.
BITSAT 2020 Result
The candidates will be able to see their results on the computer right after the completion of their test. The result will be displayed in terms of number of total correct and incorrect answers, with the score. The candidates will also be able to check their score report on the BITS admission website on the next day of the test. The candidate can also take a printout of the score report for further use.
BITSAT Admission Process 2020
After qualifying the BITSAT 2020, the candidates will have to apply for the admissions giving the details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered at three Indian campuses of BITS. On the basis of the details provided in the application form for admission, fulfillment of eligibility and marks scored in the entrance test, the candidates will be granted final admissions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: I am not able to access online application form! Can I get through email or post?
Ans: No, it is not possible to get application by email/post. If you find any sort of errors while applying online then you need to email your concern to email@example.com (will be changed further). You can also ask for phone support through phone numbers: +91-7349470595 and +91- 9148237202 during Monday to Friday 9.00am till 6.00pm.
Ques: I studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2, can I apply for BITSAT 2020?
Ans: Candidates with PCB in 10+2 are eligible to apply for BITSAT but only for the B.Pharm programme. They won’t be eligible for admission to any other first degree course offered by the institute.
Ques: I filled the online application but didn’t get a printout? How will I get the printout?
Ans: You need to visit online application page again and enter personal information along with application number. You can get the printout from there.
Ques: I paid application fee multiple times. How will I get the refund?
Ans: The authority will refund the extra payment. However, you need to provide your bank account details during the given time period.
Ques: Can I edit data in the application form upon submission?
Ans: You can edit the data during the correction period intimated by the authority. No email queries will be accepted in this regard.
Ques: I cleared class 12th exam in 2019 but didn’t score 75% aggregate in PCM. Will I be eligible if I sit for improvement exam to meet 75% criteria?
Ans: If so then you have to appear for all subjects. If you are appearing for improvement in PCM/PCB then you can’t apply for the exam.
Ques: I passed class 12th in 2019, can I take BITSAT 2020?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible.
Ques: Do NRIs need to follow a separate application process?
Ans: No, there is no such provision. However, candidates having a nationality other than India are required to apply under International students admissions scheme..
Ques: I cleared class 12th exam in 2017 or earlier and now I am pursuing higher studies from another college. Can I apply for BITSAT?
Ans: No, you are not permitted to apply for BITSAT exam.