BITSAT 2018: Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is the entrance examination which Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) conducts to provide admission to eligible candidates into various engineering courses. Candidates can pursue B.Tech, B.pharm, and M.Sc from the institute after qualifying the entrance examination. There are three campuses of the institute viz. in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Candidates can choose the campus as per their ease and comfort.
In the post, candidates can know all about the admission process, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and important dates.
BITSAT 2018 application form is now available from 19th December 2017. Scroll down to get the direct application link.
BITSAT 2018 Exam Important Dates
It is quite necessary for all the applicants to stay updated with the schedule of the exam and admission process. In the table given below, all the dates have been given so that candidates can apply and appear for the exam on time.
|S.No.||Name of the event of the Exam||Date Assigned|
|1.||Online application starts||19th December 2017|
|2.||Last date to submit the online application||13th March 2018 (5.00 PM)|
|3.||Corrections in application form||15th– 19th March 2018|
|4.||Test center allotment||21st March 2018|
|5.||Exam Slot booking||23rd March – 5th April 2018|
|6.||Date of Admit card download||12th April – 10th May 2018|
|7.||Exam Schedule (CBT)||16th May – 31st May 2018|
|8.||Apply for admission in the institute||1st May – 18th June 2018|
|9.||Wait List announcement||20th June 2018|
Note: All the applicants need to know that the dates which the above chart mentions, are tentative. That means all the dates may change as per the discretion of the institute.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria for 2018
It is crucial for all the candidates to make sure that they are eligible to apply for the examination. In the given points, aspiring applicants can know all about the eligibility criteria.
- Except the B.Pharm, candidates must have passed the higher secondary (12th) level or any other equivalent education programme with Physics, chemistry, mathematics and English.
- Candidates must have Biology as one of the subject at the higher secondary level to be eligible for the B.Pharm course.
- It is also necessary that applicants must have qualified the higher secondary level exam with 75% marks. Read More
BITSAT 2018: Application Form
Candidates, who are eligible, can apply for the examination thru the online application form. In the following points, candidates can know about the procedure of submission of the application form.
- The application form for BITSAT will be available online on the official website of the institute.
- Applicants will have to submit the duly filled application form online thru the official website.
- Along with that applicants shall have to submit the application fee also.
- The application fee is Rs. 2950 for all the male applicants and it is Rs. 2450 for all the female applicants.
- Applicants choosing Dubai as exam centre will have to pay Rs. 4500 as application fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee thru the credit card, debit card and net banking.
- It is quite crucial to have the printout of the duly filled application form for later reference.
The details about the exam pattern have been given in the following points:
- The examination mode will be online and that means the exam will be computer-based.
- There will be 4 sections in the question paper.
- The total number of questions in the exam will be 150.
- Every question will bear 3 marks.
- The negative marking is of 1/3rd of the total marks assigned to a question.
The exam pattern is available below in the tabular form:
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions|
|III||(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
Know more about exam pattern
BITSAT 2018: Admit Card
Applicants will get the admit card on the official website of the institute after they successfully apply thru the online application form.
- It is quite necessary that applicants have their admit card with them at the time of commencement of exam.
- Applicants will have admit card in their hand till the mid of April 2018.
- Admit card shall have the details as candidates’ name, photo, and date of birth, exam’s name, timing and venue as well. Read more
BITSAT Result will also be announced on the official website of the institute. The selection for admission will be based on the merit prepared by the institute on the basis of marks attained by the candidates in the entrance exam. All the successful candidates will get admission in the institute to pursue their desired course.