BITSAT 2017 will be held in the Online mode in the month of May 2017 in the last TWO weeks. All the candidates who want to take the entrance test for admission in courses offered in BITS (across 3campuses) will have to take this test ONLINE. BITS 2017 Exam will be organized in India and Dubai. Hence, you can opt for any of the two exam centers.
The official brochure of BITSAT 2017 has been released and the following information is according to its information brochure. Candidates can refer to it for complete information on the exam.
BITSAT 2017 APPLICATION FORM IS AVAILABLE FROM 29TH DECEMBer, 2016. Apply Here
Features of Exam:
- The exam will be online and computer based.
- There will be no OMR sheets as the answers are to be marked in the computer itself.
- The result for BITSAT 2017 will be displayed on the screen of candidates; in the form of their individual score in the test.
- The candidates will have to thus wait for final merit list only.
- You will have to book your test slot online as per your convenience and the dates released by the institute.
- Slots for BITSAT 2017 Exam will be allotted on first come and first served basis.
BITSAT 2017 – Important Dates:
- Application form available from: 29th December, 2016
- Form filling to end by: 6th March 2017
- Deadline to edit the information in online form: 7th to 10th March 2017
- Test Center allotment and announcement: 15th March 2017
- Booking of Test Slots: 20th March 2017 to 5th April 2017
- Download of Hall Ticket for BITSAT 2017: 15th April 2017 to 10th May, 2017
- Test dates: 16th to 30th May 2017
- Deadline to send admission form: 20th May to 30th June 2017
- Admit list and wait release: 1st July, 2017
BITSAT 2017 – Eligibility Criteria:
- Passing of Class XII from a recognized state or central board is mandatory to take BITS 2017 Entrance Exam with the subjects of Maths, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Minimum Aggregate in these subjects: 75%
- Minimum marks in individual subjects: 60% in each of PCM.
- Only those candidates can apply for exam who have passed the Class XII in 2014 or who are going to take the BITSAT 2017.
- In case you have taken the improvement exam for Class XII you will be considered for admission via BITSAT 2017 only if you have taken the improvement exam in ALL subjects.
- If you are already studying in BITS Campus, you will NOT be considered for admissions again.
- If you are going to take the Class XII exam in 2017, then you have to submit its result at the time of admissions.
Check Here Details info about BISAT Eligibility 2017
BITSAT 2017 – Direct Admissions:
- The toppers from every Board (Science Stream) will be given direct admissions and thus won’t have to take the BITSAT 2017 Exam.
- All such candidates will have to submit the proof of being topper; i.e. their marks statement and the letter from exam Board stating clearly their name as Board Topper.
- This letter will be verified by the Institute from the Board itself for admission under BITSAT 2017. In case the data is found to be inconclusive or insufficient, NO admissions will be carried out from that specific Board.
- Only the Board marks for the year of 2017 will be considered for this admission.
- Address to send the admission applications:
The Dean Admissions,
Pilani – 333 031
BITSAT 2017 – Pattern of Exam:
- The test will be of THREE Hours.
- The exam will have FOUR Sections namely – Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning and Mathematics or Biology.
- If you are applying for admission in B. Pharm.; then you should attempt Biology and ALL Other candidates should attempt Maths in BITSAT 2017 Test.
- Exam will have MCQs which have only ONE CORRECT option.
- Every right answer will fetch you THREE marks and every wrong answer will lead to the negative marking of ONE Mark. However, the unanswered questions will NOT be marked.
- The total number of questions in BITSAT 2017 will be 150.
Check exam pattern- Click Here
BITSAT 2017 – IMPORTANT:
- After you have completed these 150 questions, you can attempt extra 12 questions which have been included in the exam for extra meritorious students only.
- If you enter this extra section, you will NOT be able to access the normal exam paper again. Hence, you should go to this section only after you have completed the exam paper.
- Exam of BITSAT 2017 will be framed in the English Language.
BITSAT 2017 – Final Score:
- The final score of every candidate will be displayed on his/her individual screen after the completion of the paper.
- As soon as you press the button for test submission; you will be shown the final score you have obtained in the exam.
- BITSAT 2017 Score report will show you the number of CORRECT answers you have attempted, WRONG answers marked by you and the total score obtained in exam.
- Hence you don’t have to wait for result declaration to see your score in exam.
BITSAT 2017 – Application Form and Form Filling Details:
- The forms for BITSAT 2017 will be filled ONLINE only. All the candidates will have to logon to the official form filling portal and complete the form submission.
- Be careful to submit correct and complete details in the online form as once the form is submitted, you won’t be allowed to make any changes in it.
- Though the form filing is done online; the fee can be submitted online as well as offline. Online fee can be submitted by Net Banking, Credit or Debit Card and the Offline Fee can be submitted by the e – Bank Challan which can be generated online during registration process of BITSAT 2017 and submitted at the banks. Any new details will be available at the time of registration.
- Only after the fee remission has been confirmed at the bank’s end the form submission will be considered complete.
How to Apply- Know Here
BITSAT 2017 – Fee Details:
- Female Candidates: Rs 1700
- Other Candidates: Rs 2200
- The admit cards will be released online at the following link: http://www.bitsadmission.com/fdmain.aspx
- The candidates whose applications were accepted successfully at the exam office, will be issued the admit cards. The mere issue of the document will not entitle any candidate for the seat allotment. The final admissions will be subject to the exam score.
Exam Venue and other important instructions for the exam day
- Without the admit card, the entry in the BITSAT 2017 exam hall will not be allowed.
- Preserve the admit card till the admissions are over. It will be required at the time of admissions and document verification.
BITSAT 2017 – Results:
- The results of the individual candidate will be displayed on their screens just after the completion of the test. As soon as the exam is over and the candidates have submitted the test, the marks in the exam will be displayed on their screen.
- The individual results will show the following:
Marks in each section
Marks in total
- The final merit list with the ranks and overall merit for the BITSAT 2017 will be released later.
- As soon as the results are released, we shall host them HERE.
As soon as the exam is ANNOUNCED; we will update the post with ACTUAL LINKS.