Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT) course offered at the BIT Mesra need to clear an entrance exam followed by an interview. Online application form is expected to be released in the month of April 2022 and the exam to be held in July 2022. Those who meet the prescribed eligibility can proceed towards filling of the application form. Detailed information regarding the BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 entrance exam and admission process can be found from this article.
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 Important Dates
Check out the tentative dates related to BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 from the table below:
|Online application process will begin from||1st week of April 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of June 2022|
|Admit card issue date||1st week of July 2022|
|Entrance exam date||1st week of July 2022|
|Date of interview||2nd week of July 2022|
|Result announcement||2nd week of July 2022|
|Beginning of classes||3rd week of July 2022|
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled by the candidates to appear BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022:
|Age limit||The date of birth of the candidate should fall on or after 1st October for general/ OBC category and after 1st October 1992 for SC/ ST category.|
|Educational criteria||A pass in class 12th exam or its equivalent from a recognized board scoring a minimum aggregate of 50% marks overall and English as a subject is required.
For candidates belonging to SC/ ST category, the minimum marks should be 45%.
Candidates who will appear in their class 12th exam in the year 2022 can apply given that they will clear the exam before the entrance exam.
|Others||Candidates with foreign diplomas are eligible too. However, an equivalence certificate from such candidates is required.
Both class 10th and class 12th board should be passed from the same board.
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 Application Form
Candidates who wish to appear for the hotel management entrance test first need to apply for it through online mode. The application form for BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 will be released on the official website of BIT www.bitmesra.ac.in. The step-by-step instruction to fill and submit the form is provided below.
- The first step will be filling of a registration form providing basic details like name, date of birth, mobile number, category, email id, etc.
- After providing these details, submit the registration form to generate login id and password.
- Once the registration is done successfully, the candidates can start filling the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide their rest personal details, academic details, contact details and other information.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Once all the details are entered into the application form, the candidates should check for any error and if found should correct it immediately.
- The duly filled application form can then be submitted online with the prescribed application fee.
- A copy of the application form should be taken and kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
- For general/ OBC candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 1500/- and for SC/ ST candidates, it will be Rs. 1000/-.
- Payment of application fee can be done through State Bank Collect-net banking or credit card of any nationalized bank.
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 exam pattern is given below:
- Duration of exam: 180 minutes
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
|Topics||Number of questions||Duration|
|English Language||25||3 hours|
|Numerical & Data Analysis||25|
|Reasoning & Intelligence||25|
After the entrance exam, the candidates will have to appear for an interview round on the same day.
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 Syllabus
The detailed syllabus for the hotel management entrance test is provided below:
- English Language: Common Errors, Fillers, Sequence of Sentences, Synonyms & Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Idioms & Phrases, One Word Substitution, etc
- Numerical & Data Analysis: Number System, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Algebra, HCF & LCM, Time, Speed & Distance, Simple Interest, Profit & Loss, Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation, etc
- Reasoning & Intelligence: Comprehension of Ranks, Blood Relations Test, Cube & Dice, Classification, Direction Test, Counting of Figures Test, Analogy Test, Alphabet Test, Series Test, Image Test, Coding & Decoding, Miscellaneous Test, etc
- General Knowledge: Indian Geography, Indian History, Indian Economy, Indian Polity, General Awareness, Business Awareness, General Science, etc
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 Admit Card
- The candidates will be able to download their admit card for BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 from the official website of the institute.
- Using their login id and password, the candidates can login to their account to download the admit card.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken after downloading and carried to the exam center on the exam day.
- Those reporting at the exam center without a valid admit card and other important documents (as listed below) will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Admit card should be kept safe by the candidates till the complete process of admission is over.
The following should be carried by the candidates reporting to the exam center:
- Hard copy of the admit card
- Receipt of application fee payment
- Photo identity card
- One recent color photograph (same as uploaded in the application form)
- Class 10th or equivalent exam mark sheet and passing certificate
- Class 12th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Caste certificate by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO (for reserved category candidates)
- Photocopy of certificate from appropriate authority for candidates belonging to other special category (Person with Disability/ Kashmiri Migrant)
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 Result
- The authorities will declare the result of the BHMCT exam through online mode tentatively in the month of July 2022.
- Candidates will be able to check the result by visiting the official website and logging in to their account.
- On the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam, a merit list of the candidates will be prepared.
- Performance of the candidates in the interview round will also be taken into consideration.
- Admission process of the qualified candidates will be conducted as per their names in the merit list.
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 Admission
- Candidates who clear the entrance exam will have to attend the admission round as per the schedule communicated on the website.
- At the time of admission, documents of the candidates will be verified and therefore they should report with all their documents in original and photocopy.
- Upon successful verification of documents and eligibility, admission will be granted to the candidates.
- Selected students will also be required to undergo medical examination by a Medical Officer of the institute.
- After this, the candidates should complete all the formalities of admission and secure their seat.
BIT Mesra BHMCT 2022 FAQs
What is the duration of the BHMCT programme offered at BIT Mesra?
The total duration of the BHMCT programme conducted at BIT Mesra will be 4 years or 8 semesters.
Will I be allowed to provide my choice for exam city for appearing in the entrance exam?
Choice for exam center city can be provided by the candidates at the time of filling the application form.
What documents can be carried as identity proof while reporting for exam?
You can carry any of the following documents as id proof- Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Aadhaar Card and Employee Identification Card
Can I fill my application form through offline mode?
The BIT Mesra BHMCT application form will only be released through online mode. Other than this, no mode will be provided to the candidates.
Is it mandatory to appear for the interview round?
Selection of the candidates for admission will be done on the basis of combined performance in the entrance test and the interview. Failure to report for any of these rounds will lead to cancellation of candidature.