The Birla Institute of Technology will screen candidates for admissions into its MCA degree courses on the basis of BIT MCA 2022 entrance exam. The successful candidates will be granted admissions into the different campuses of the institute. The process of application filling and the exam all will be conducted in online mode. The interested and eligible candidates can submit their application form from the month of March 2022. The important details related to BIT MCA 2022 such as application process, eligibility criteria, admit card, result, syllabus, exam pattern, etc are provided in this post.
BIT MCA 2022 Important Dates
The expected dates for the BIT MCA 2022 exam are given here. The dates will be updated after official announcement is made in this regard.
|Beginning of online form filling process||March 2022, 1st week|
|Last date for applying online||April 2022 last week|
|Last date for receipt of printout of filled application form along with the required enclosures at BIT Mesra, Ranchi||May 2022, 2nd week|
|Release of admit card||May 2022, 4th week|
|Entrance test date||June 2022, 1st week|
|Declaration of selection list and merit list||June 2022, 3rd week|
|Commencement of classes||July 2022, 2nd week/ 3rd week|
BIT MCA Eligibility Criteria 2022
The following eligibility criteria for BIT MCA 2022 have been laid down by the institute:
- The candidates must have passed in Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Information Practices in Class 12th or equivalent examination.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent qualification of any of the recognized universities.
- The applicants must score a minimum aggregate of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ ST candidates) in their bachelor’s level exam. Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2020 can also apply.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, and the candidates have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying.
BIT MCA Application Form 2022
The candidates will be able to apply online for the BIT MCA 2022 from the month of March 2022. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and educational details and upload scanned copies of photograph and signature. The candidates can also provide the preference for the different campuses of BIT in which they seek admission. After providing all the important information into the form, it can be submitted online. A printout of the duly filled-in application form must also be sent to the office of Dean, Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215 along with required enclosures in a A4 size envelope by speed post/ courier.
The candidates will have to pay an application fee of Rs. 2500/- (Rs. 1500/- for SC/ ST candidates). The fee payment can be done through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank).
BIT MCA 2022 Exam Pattern
The overview of the BIT MCA exam pattern 2022 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of test: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 480
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning||20||80|
BIT MCA Syllabus 2022
The BIT MCA 2022 syllabus will cover topics from the subjects of Mathematics, Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and English. The details of the syllabus are given below:
- Mathematics: Algebra, Set Theory, Matrix Algebra, Co-ordinate Geometry, Calculus, Differential Equations, Vectors, Trigonometry, Probability and Statistics and Linear Programming
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: Questions in this section will test logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and visio-spatial reasoning
- Computer Awareness: Computer Basics, Data Representation, Computer Architecture, Computer Language, Flow chart and Algorithms and Operating Systems
- English: Articles & Prepositions, Idioms & Phrases, Synonyms, Reading Comprehension, Expansion of an Idea, Sentence Sequence, Completion of a Sentence, Choice of Appropriate Word to Fill In the Blanks and Abridging Sentences/ Paragraphs.
To help the candidates prepare for the BIT MCA 2022 entrance test, certain tips and tricks for preparation are given below:
- Prepare a time table for efficient time management. Give more time to the topics you are weak in.
- All the important topics from which questions will be asked in the exam require rigorous practice. So, practice as much as you can.
- Collect study material from authentic sources only. Do not rely on too many books for your preparation.
- Enhance your vocabulary by studying newspapers and information magazines.
- Be confident of your preparation. Give your exam with a relaxed mind.
BIT MCA 2022 Admit Card
The candidate whose application form is received by the institute before the last date will be able to download their admit card from the official website. The candidates who are not able to download their admit card should contact the Admissions Office at BIT Mesra, Ranchi by telephone or fax. The details of the exam center, exam date and time will be communicated to the candidates through their admit card. No candidates will be allowed to appear for the test without a valid admit card and the admit card will also be required to be produced at the time of admission.
BIT MCA Result 2022
The BIT MCA 2022 result will be displayed on the official website of the institute as well on the notice boards of the concerned center. Apart from this, no other intimation regarding the result declaration will be sent to the candidates. On the basis of marks obtained in the online test, the candidates will be shortlisted for the admissions into MCA degree programme.
BIT MCA 2022 Admission
The shortlisted candidates will be called for verification of documents and will be offered admission subject to fulfillment of the eligibility conditions. The candidates must carry all the documents at the time of reporting for admission and must reach the venue as per the specified schedule. The candidates whose names appear in the wait list will be called for document verification and admission if any seats remain vacant.