Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will conduct the Banaras Hindu University postgraduate entrance test 2022 (BHU PET 2022) to select the candidates for admission to various PG courses. This exam is a gateway for admission to a lot of courses in BHU including MA, M.Sc, M.Com, MBA, LLM etc. The eligibility criteria in order to appear for BHU PET 2022 depend upon the course for which the candidate is looking to apply. The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam need to fill and submit the online application form before the last date.
The aspiring candidate should note that this exam is conducted only in online (Computer Based Test) mode in 115 cities across India.
BHU PET 2022 Main Highlights
Here are the important highlights of BHU PET 2022 that the aspiring candidates should know:
- The exams for all the courses will be held in online mode only. In online exams, the candidates have to provide their answers through a computer.
- The candidates can apply for any number of courses as long as they are eligible. However, they need to appear for the different entrance tests on different dates.
- Similarly to the mode of exam, the application form of BHU PET 2022 will also be released only in online mode.
- For most of the courses, the candidates need to answer the 120 questions in 2 hours.
- The syllabus of entrance exam will depend upon the course in which you are looking for admission.
BHU PET 2022 Important Dates
The official schedule for the BHU PET 2022 is given in the table below:
|Important Events||Respective Dates|
|Availability of Online Application Form||August 2022|
|Last date to submit the application Form||September 2022|
|Release of Admit Card||September 2022|
|Date of entrance exam||September to October 2022|
|Declaration of Result||November 2022|
|Starting of counselling process||December 2022|
BHU PET 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of BHU PET 2022 will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of Questions: Only Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions will be asked.
- Number of Questions: 120
- Total Marks: 360
- Marking Scheme: 3 Marks will be given for a correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 Mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer
- Subjects and Syllabus: Depends upon the course for which you are looking to apply.
Note: The exam pattern may vary for some of the courses.
BHU PET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for BHU PET 2022 exam varies for different courses. However, the aspiring candidate can check eligibility criteria for some of the popular courses as given below:
MBA (Foreign Trade/ Risk & Insurance/ Financial Management)
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- The aspirant must have done 3 year LLB after completing the graduation (under 10+2+3 pattern) or 5 year LLB (under 10+2+5 pattern).
- It is also compulsory to have at least 50% marks in LLB.
M.Ed (Master of Education)
- The candidate must have completed any of the following programme degrees with at least 50% marks – B.Ed, B.A. B.Ed, B.Sc B.Ed, and D.El.Ed with a UG / PG degree course.
M.A (English/ Hindi/ Bengali/ Kannada/ Urdu/ Geography/ Sanskrit/ Home Science/ Mathematics)
- The candidate must have passed B.A or B.A (Hons) with the appropriate subjects under 10+2+3 scheme with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
BHU PET 2022 Application Form
- The candidates looking to apply for BHU PET 2022 exam need to fill and submit the application form in online mode through the official website i.e. bhuonline.in.
- In the application form, the candidates have to fill all required educational, personal and contact details very carefully.
- It is recommended that the candidates should enter only the authentic details in the application form because all the documents will be verified during the later stages of admission.
- Along with the details, the candidates need to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- After uploading the images, the candidates have to pay the required application fee.
- After the successful submission of the online application form and fee, the candidates should take a printout of the submitted application form and application fee receipt.
The application fee for different candidates will be as follows:
- For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates: Rs. 300 /-
- For all other candidates: Rs. 600/-
- In case the candidate wants to apply for additional courses: Rs. 150/- per course (For SC/ ST candidates) and Rs. 300/- per course (For all other candidates)
Mode of payment: The application fee can either be paid in online mode via credit card, debit card, internet banking or via cash using HDFC bank challan.
Note: The application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
BHU PET 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card of BHU PET 2022 exam will be made available one week prior to the date of exam.
- The information about the release of the admit card will be sent to the candidates via SMS/ Email.
- In order to download the admit card, the candidates need to visit the official website i.e. www.bhuonline.in.
- The admit card will include information such as date, time and venue of the exam.
- In case a candidate is unable to download the admit card then he/ she can contact Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi up to three days before the exam.
- No candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
BHU PET 2022 Result
- Before the declaration of BHU PET 2022 result, the authorities will release the provisional answer keys.
- The answer keys will be uploaded within 5 days of the exam date. The candidates can challenge the answer keys within 3 days of the upload.
- After the answer keys, the university will declare the result of entrance exam on the official website.
- The marks obtained by the candidates will be emailed to the candidates on their registered email ID.
BHU PET 2022 Counselling
- After the declaration of BHE PET 2022 result, the selected candidate will be able to download their call letters from the official website.
- The candidate needs to report to the counselling center as per the time mentioned in the call letter.
- The admission will be granted after the proper verification of the document.
- During the counselling process the candidates need to carry the following documents for verification.
- Transfer Certificate
- Intermediate (10+2) certificate/ equivalent certificate
- Migration Certificate (To be submitted within 90 days of admission)
- Mark sheets of High school and Intermediate
- Mark sheets of the Qualifying Examination
- BHU PET 2020 admit card
- Category certificate (if applicable)