BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023: The prestigious Banaras Hindu University will select candidates for admission into its B.Sc Nursing course on the basis of the entrance exam. The university level entrance exam will be held as a pen and paper-based test. Interested candidates will first have to register themselves for the exam through online mode. The registration process may begin from June 2023 and last till July 2023.
After clearing the entrance test, the candidates will also have to pass the medical fitness test as conducted by the university. Medical fitness is a major criterion for eligibility. Physically challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this course. Rest details of the BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 can be found from this article.
BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Major Highlights
- The B.Sc Nursing course is being run at the College of Nursing and is of four years duration including internship.
- Candidates who are less than 18 years of age would be required to submit consent of their father/ guardian to join the course.
- The candidates are suggested to make sure of their eligibility before applying for the exam in their own interest.
- Admit card will be released only for those candidates who complete their registration within the given time.
- No candidate shall be allowed to appear in the examination unless he/she possesses the valid admit card.
- Employed candidates must obtain a No Objection certificate from their employer to get admitted to the B.Sc Nursing course.
- Before applying for the entrance test, the candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the details of the information brochure.
BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Important Dates
Below given are the official dates related to BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023:
|Online application form release date||June 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||July 2023|
|Release of admit card||August 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||August 2023|
|Announcement of result||September 2023|
|Commencement of counseling process||September 2023|
|Classes will begin from||September 2023|
BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates who aspire to appear in the BHU B.Sc Nursing entrance exam:
- The candidate should be of Indian nationality.
- The age of the candidates should be between 17 and 25 years as on 31st December 2023.
- Applicants should have cleared class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.
- The candidates should have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects.
- For candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ ST/ OBC- NCL), the minimum qualifying marks is 40%.
- Those who are appearing for the Intermediate or equivalent exam are also eligible for the entrance test.
- Candidates should be physically, mentally and medically fit in order to be eligible for B.Sc Nursing.
- Physically challenged candidates are not eligible for B.Sc Nursing course.
BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Application Form
Candidates can apply online for BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 by visiting the official websites www.bhu.ac.in/ims or www.formzero.in/imsbhu. Aadhaar number is necessary for completing the application form. However, those who do not have an Aadhaar card can use any other identity issued by the Government.
- At first, the candidates will have to register themselves using a valid email id and some basic details.
- After registration, candidates will have to fill Sc Nursing/ B.Pharma (Ayurveda) entrance exam form providing the details as asked.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded into the application form.
- The application form not filled properly or incomplete in any respect will be rejected summarily without any intimation to the candidate so extreme care must be taken.
- Duly-filled application form can now be submitted online along with the prescribed amount of application fee.
- Once submission of application is done successfully, the candidates should take a printout of the application form.
- There is no need to send the copy of application form to the university and should be kept by the candidates for their own need.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1000/- for General/ OBC category candidates and Rs. 600/- for SC/ ST category candidates.
- Candidates will be able to make payment of the application fee online using debit card, credit card, internet banking or offline using challan.
- Application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Exam Pattern
Basic overview of BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline (OMR sheet)
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes
- Question paper language: English & Hindi both
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 400
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be given for each right answer
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Admit Card
- Provisional admit card of the successfully registered candidates will be generated and sent to the registered email id.
- If any candidate does not receive the admit card, he/ she can contact the office of the Director Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi – 221005.
- The applicants need to download their admit card, take its printout and carry it to exam center on the day of exam.
- Roll number to check the result will be mentioned on the admit card only. Therefore, it must be kept safe even after the examination is over.
- Details of the examination such as venue, date, time, shift, etc will also be communicated to the candidates via the admit card.
BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Result
- The roll number of provisionally selected candidates will be displayed on the notice board of Institute of Medical Sciences, and office of the PRO, BHU.
- Apart from this, the candidates can also check their result from the official website of IMS, BHU www.bhu.ac.in/ims.
- A merit list of the candidates on the basis of their marks in entrance exam will be prepared by the relevant authorities.
- Admissions will be granted to the candidates according to their names in the merit list.
BHU B.Sc Nursing 2023 Admission Process
- The provisionally selected candidates will have to appear before the Admission Committee.
- Candidates who are called for admission must bring with them all the original certificates along with two attested photocopies.
- Before offering admission medical fitness test of the candidates will be conducted by the appointed Medical Board.
- Final admission of the candidates will be subject to verification of document and eligibility and medical fitness.
- Selected candidates can then submit the required fees and certificates to complete the process of admission.
The following documents in original and photocopy need to be furnished during counseling for admission:
- Admit card of the entrance test
- High school (class 10th) certificate for proof for date of birth
- High school (class 10th) mark sheet & passing certificate
- Intermediate (class 12th) mark sheet & passing certificate
- Certificate for OBC non-creamy layer issued by Central Government (income certificate)
- Caste certificate for SC/ ST candidates
- Aadhaar or any other valid identity proof issued by the Government
- Six photographs