BHU Admission 2022: The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will conduct entrance test to select candidates for admissions into its different courses. Separate exams will be conducted for enrolment into undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses. Candidates can fill the application form for admissions now for MBA programme. Applications will be available only through online mode. The candidates are suggested to ensure their eligibility for the course they wish to apply for before submitting their applications.
The application form for B.V.Sc. & A.H is now available.
BHU MBA application form is now available.
BHU Admission 2022 Highlights
- Choice for online or offline paper for BHU UET must be mentioned at the time of filling the application form.
- The process of application will be considered complete only after the successful payment of the application fee.
- Same photograph which has been used in online application must be pasted on the admit card.
- Candidates who wish to apply for different courses offered by BHU can apply separately for each course.
- Application fee payable by the candidates for each subsequent application* (after first application) shall be charged as per the reduced rates.
BHU 2022 Important Dates
The official dates related to BHU Admission 2022 for UET and PET are given in the table below:
|For UET||For PET||For RET|
|Availability of application form||Jan 2022||Jan 2022||August 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||Feb 2022||Feb 2022||August 2022|
|Issue of admit card||April 2022||April 2022||September 2022|
|Date of entrance exam||April to May 2022||April to May 2022||September 2022|
|Result announcement||June 2022, 2nd week||June 2022||November 2022|
|Commencement of counseling||June 2022||June 2022||December 2022|
|For MBA admission|
|Availability of application form||1st week of September 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of January 2022|
BHU Entrance Exam Pattern 2022
Overview of the exam pattern for BHU Admission 2022 is given below as:
|Parameters||For UET||For PET||For RET (Test A)|
|Mode of exam||Both Online & Offline||Online||———|
|Duration of exam||Course-specific||120 minutes||120 minutes|
|Question paper language||English or Hindi||———||———|
|Number of questions||Course-specific||120||100|
|Type of questions||Objective type||Objective type||Objective type|
|Marking scheme||3 marks for each correct answer||3 marks for each correct answer||3 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||-1 mark for each incorrect answer||-1 mark for each incorrect answer||-1 mark for each incorrect answer|
- The exam pattern for certain postgraduate courses might vary from the ones specified above.
- A test B under RET 2022 will be conducted for the duration of 30 minutes and will carry 50 marks (25 marks for research proposal and 25 marks for personal interview
BHU Application Form 2022
BHU Admission 2022 application form will be released in online mode and can be obtained from the official website www.bhuonline.in. Candidates should carefully choose the link for the entrance test they wish to apply for.
- First step will be the registration of the candidates by providing basic information such as name, gender, date of birth, mobile number, email address, etc.
- Once all the information is provided in the registration form, the candidates will be asked to provide their identification details.
- After successful authentication of identity, the candidates will be able to fill rest of the details in the application form.
- Candidates will also have to upload the scanned copies of their photograph and signature into the application form.
- The duly-filled application form can then be submitted with the prescribed application fee.
- A printout of the filled and submitted application form should be taken out and kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
- Payment of application fee can be done in both online and offline mode.
- Online payment can be done using credit card or debit card through the payment gateway available on the entrance test portal.
- Payment of entrance test fee in Cash can be done by submitting challan in any branch of HDFC Bank.
The category-wise application fee for different courses is given below:
For undergraduate courses:
|For Shastri (Hons)||For other courses|
|General/ OBC candidates||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD candidates||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 300/-|
For postgraduate & research courses:
|General/ OBC candidates||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD candidates||Rs. 300/-|
Note: The application fee for MBA admission is Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 800/- for SC/ ST candidates) and can be payable through online mode.
The eligibility criteria for different courses offered by the Banaras Hindu University are provided below:
For undergraduate courses:
- BA (Hons.) Arts: The candidates should have passed their 10+2 or equivalent exam with minimum aggregate marks of 50%. Age of the candidate should not be more than 22 years on 1st July 2020.
- Com (Hons): A pass in class 12th or equivalent exam with Commerce/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Finance/ Financial Markets Management/ Vocational courses with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate is required.
- Sc (Hons) Mathematics Group: Those who have cleared class 12th exam securing at least 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Statistics/ Geology/ Computer Science/ Information Technology and Geography are eligible.
For postgraduate courses:
- Com: The candidates with B.Com (Hons)/ B.Com/ B.Com (Hons.) FMM degree obtained with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply for M.Com course.
- Sc (Tech) in Geophysics: A B.Sc (Hons)/ B.Sc degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate in Science subjects with Physics, Mathematics as mandatory subject and one more Science subject is required.
- MFA: A degree in BFA in the concerned subject securing a minimum of 50% aggregate marks is required to be eligible.
- MA in Museology: Applicants with MA in History of Art/ Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology/ History/ Sanskrit securing a minimum of 50% aggregate marks can apply.
- MBA: A graduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks is required.
For research courses:
- PhD: A candidate should have passed the qualifying examination securing at least 55% marks and a minimum of 50% marks in Academic Record.
- Phil: A postgraduate degree in the relevant disciplines with minimum 55% marks is required.
- The admit card will be released around one week prior to the test on the BHU Entrance Test Portal www.bhuonline.in.
- An email and SMS regarding availability of admit card will also be sent on the registered email id/ phone number of the candidate.
- Candidates can download the admit card by providing their registration ID and password.
- If a candidate feels any difficulty in downloading the admit card till 3 days before the exam, he/ she should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations.
- Any kind of discrepancy in the admit card should also be communicated to the Office of the Controller of Examinations immediately.
- A passport size photograph should be affixed in the space provided on the printout of the admit card under self-attestation.
- The university will declare the result of the entrance test on its official portal www.bhuonline.in.
- Any other round such as Physical Fitness Test/ Practical Test, etc will be carried as applicable and the marks obtained will also be included while preparing the overall merit.
- After the declaration of the result, an email/ SMS containing the marks obtained in the test, overall merit and category merit will also be sent.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared in order of ranking.
- Candidates whose names in the merit list can download their call letter and participate in the counseling & admission process.
- The candidates will be allowed to appear for the counseling procedure as per their merit in the entrance test.
- Candidates are required to report at the counseling center in person, where they will have to provide choices for course and college for admission.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates according to their rank, preference and availability of seats.
- After successful seat allotment, provisional admission letters will be generated.
- After the candidate has received the provisional admission letter they will have to make payment of admission fee.
BHU Admission Process
- Detailed schedule of the admission process will be communicated to the candidates through the admission letter.
- Applicants reporting for the admissions must carry all their important documents in original as well as photocopy.
- Candidates are strictly suggested to complete all the formalities of admission within the given time limit.
- Those who fail to secure admissions will forfeit their seats and lose their candidature.
Admission in MBA course
- Admission in MBA will be given to the candidates on the basis of their CAT merit, academic record, followed by Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- The group discussion and interview round will be conducted by Institute of Management Studies, BHU.
- Non-appearance of the candidate in any of CAT, group discussion and interview on the scheduled date and time shall disqualify him/her for admission.
- Candidates appearing for group discussion and personal interview round are required to come with all their important documents.