BHU Admission 2023: Admission into different undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses offered by the Banaras Hindu University are done on the basis of entrance exams. Separate entrance exams are conducted for different courses. Interested candidates can apply for and appear in the exam as per the specified schedule. Eligibility must be satisfied by the candidates for the course(s) for which they want to apply for. Get complete details related to BHU Admission 2023 such as application process, major dates, exam pattern, etc from this article.
Courses Offered at Banaras Hindu University
The following courses are offered at Banaras Hindu University:
|B.A. (Hons.) Arts/ Social Sciences||B. Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics/ Biology Group|
|B.Com (Hons.)/ B.Com (Hons.) Financial Market Management||B.Sc (Ag)/ B.Sc. (Ag) RGSC|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Sc. & Animal Husbandry||B.A. LL.B. (Hons)|
|B.P.A. Instrumental (Sitar/ Flute/ Violin/ Tabla)/ Dance (Kathak, Bharat Natyam) Vocal||B.Ed Special Education– VI & HI (Languages/ Science/ Math/ Social Sciences/ Humanities)|
|B.Voc in Retail & Logistics Management/ Hospitality & Tourism Management/ Fashion Designing & Event Management/ Modern Office Management/ Food Processing & Management / Medical Lab Technology||B.Ed. in Languages (Hindi, English, Sanskrit)/ Science (Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Home Science, Computer Science)/ Mathematics (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science)/ History (AIHC & Arch.)/ Geography/ Economics/ Political Science (Civics)/ Commerce/ Home Science/ Education|
|M.Sc in Mathematics and Computing/ Food Technology/ Plant Biotechnology/ Health Statistics/ Computational Science and Applications/ Forensic Science/ (Ag.) Agroforestry/ Environmental Sciences (Environmental Technology)/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Geology/ Zoology/ Botany/ Computer Science/ Biochemistry/ Applied Microbiology/ Statistics and Computing/ Bioinformatics (for Females only)/ M.Sc.(Tech.) Geophysics/ Dairy Technology||M.Sc (Ag.)/ M.Sc. (Ag) in Agricultural Economics/ Agronomy Department of Agronomy/ Entomology & Agricultural Zoology/ Extension Education/ Department of Extension Education/ Genetics & Plant Breeding Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding/ Horticulture Department of Horticulture/ Mycology & Plant Pathology/ Plant Physiology Department of Plant Physiology/ Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry/ Soil & Water Conservation|
|MA in Arabic/ English/ French/ German/ Nepali/ Persian/ Bengali/ Hindi/ Marathi/ Telugu/ Urdu/ Pali/ Sanskrit/ Linguistics/ A.I.H.C. & Arch./ History of Art/ Indian Philosophy and Religion/ Philosophy/ Mass Communication/ Museology/ Prayojanmulak Hindi (Patrakarita)/ Manuscriptology & Paleography/ History/ Political Science/ Sociology/ Social Work/ Integrated Rural Development and Management/ Economics/ Public Administration/ Conflict Management and Development/ Master of Tourism and Travel Management/ Anthropology/ Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy/ Energy Economics/ Heritage Management/ Education (For Females only)||ACHARYA in Shukla Yajurveda/ Krishna Yajurveda/ Samveda/ Rigveda/ Vyakarana/ Sahitya/ Jyotish Ganit/ Jyotish Falit/ Dharmagama/ Dharmashastra/ Jain Darshan/ Vedanta/ Puranetihas/ Sankhyayoga/ Prachin Nyaya/ Nyaya Vaisheshika/ Mimansa/ Baudha Darshan|
|MBA in Agribusiness/ Risk & Insurance/ Financial Management/ Foreign Trade||M.Ed./ M.Ed.-Special Education (V.I.)|
|M.F.A. in Painting/ Applied Arts/ Plastic Arts/ Pottery & Ceramics/ Textile Design||MPA in Vocal/ Instrumental (Sitar, Violin, Flute, Tabla)/ Dance (Kathak/ Bharat Natyam)/ Musicology|
|M.Tech in Food Technology/ Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering)/ Dairy Technology||M.Voc in Retail & Logistics Management/ Food Processing & Management/ Hospitality & Tourism Management/ Medical Laboratory Technology|
|M.Lib & Inf. Sc.||M.P.Ed|
|Master of Personnel Management and Industrial relations||M.Com|
|LL.M. (1-year)/ LL.M./ LL.M. in Human Rights & Duties Education||MCA|
|M.A./ M.Sc.in Mathematics/ Home Science/ Statistics/ Psychology/ Geography|
BHU 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for BHU admission 2023 few courses are provided below:
- B.A. (Hons) Arts: The candidates should have passed the class 12th or equivalent exam with not less than 50% marks in aggregate. Age of the candidate should not be more than 22 years on 1st July 2021.
- B.Com (Hons)/ B.Com (Hons) Financial Markets: A pass in class 12th or equivalent exam with Commerce/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Finance/ Financial Markets Management/ Vocational courses (related to Commerce) as one of the subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate is required. Age of the candidate should not be more than 22 years on 1st July 2021.
- B.Sc (Hons) Mathematics Group: Candidates who have cleared the class 12th or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Statistics/ Geology/ Computer Science/ Information Technology and Geography are eligible. Age of the candidate should not be more than 22 years on 1st July 2021.
- Shastri (Hons): The applicants need to clear Madhyama exam of BHU/ Madhyama/ Uttar Madhyama/ Upa Shastri/ class 12th or equivalent exam with minimum aggregate of 50% marks and Sanskrit as of the subjects. Those with pass in one year certificate course in Sanskrit of BHU after 12th with 50% marks in aggregate (both 12th and certificate exam) are also eligible. Age of the candidate should not be more than 22 years on 1st July 2021.
- B.V.Sc. & A.H: Applicants should have passed class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English securing at least 50% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ ST candidates). Age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years and more than 25 years on 1st July 2021.
- M.A. in History of Art: The candidates should hold a bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks with Honors or Major in History of Art/Art History.
- M.Com: B.Com (Hons.)/ B.Com/ B.Com (Hons.) in FMM degree with not less than 50% marks in aggregate is required.
- M.Sc (Tech.) in Geophysics: Those with B.Sc (Hons.)/ B.Sc degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Mathematics and one more Science subject can apply.
- M.F.A.: The applicants should have passed B.F.A. in the concerned subject scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
- M.Ed: An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in B.Ed/ BA B.Ed/ B.Sc B.Ed/ B.El.Ed/ D.El.Ed with at least 50% marks is required.
BHU 2023 Application Form
The University has created an Entrance Test Portal www.bhuonline.in for the candidates to fill the application form. Its link is also available on the BHU website www.bhu.ac.in.
- The candidates need to register first providing basic details like name, mobile number, email address, identification details, etc.
- After successful registration, the candidates can proceed with filling of application form.
- Basic personal and educational details of the candidates will be asked in the application form.
- Scanned copies of their photograph and signature also need to be uploaded into the form.
- After providing the details in the form, the candidates can submit it online with the prescribed application fee.
- A printout of the application form should be taken by the candidates and kept for future reference.
|SC/ ST/ PWD candidates||Others|
|All courses except Shastri Hons.||INR 300||INR 600|
|Shastri Hons.||INR 200||INR 400|
|For each additional course||INR 200||INR 400|
Mode of payment:
- Online mode: Net banking/ credit card/ debit card
- Offline mode: HDFC bank challan
BHU 2023 Exam Pattern
The overview of BHU entrance exam pattern 2023 is provided below:
|For UET||For PET||For RET (Test A)|
|Mode of exam||Online & offline both||Online||——–|
|Exam duration||English or Hindi||——–||——–|
|Medium of exam||Depends on course||2 hours||2 hours|
|No. of questions||Depends on course||120||100|
|Type of questions||Objective type||Objective type||Objective type|
|Total marks||Depends on course||360||300|
|Marking scheme||+3 marks for every right answer||+3 marks for every right answer||+3 marks for every right answer|
|Negative marking||-1 marks for every wrong answer||-1 marks for every wrong answer||-1 marks for every wrong answer|
BHU 2023 Admit Card
- Those who submit their application on time will be able to download the admit card and appear in the exam.
- Admit card for BHU 2023 exam will be available for download on the official website of the university.
- A copy of admit card and a valid identity proof must be carried to the exam enter while reporting.
- The admit card will contain details like name, photograph, signature, exam center, date, time, etc.
- Applicants are suggested to not damage the admit card in any manner as it will not be considered as valid then.
BHU 2023 Result & Admission
- The result of the entrance exam will be announced and checked from the official website of the university.
- Candidates who clear the exam will be invited to take part in the admission round. The admission will be done by the Admission Committees of respective departments.
- Electronic call letters will be sent to the candidates for counseling providing complete details regarding the counseling.
- Documents of the candidates will be verified and they will be granted final admission after that.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Is there any provision for age relaxation?
Answer: A relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit will be given SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates and 3 years to the candidates belonging to OBC category.
Question 2: Can I apply for more than one UG/ PG courses?
Answer: A candidate can apply for any number of courses for which he/she is eligible, provided their entrance tests are on different dates.
Question 3: How do I know that admission call letters are available?
Answer: Details regarding the availability of call letters for admission will be sent on the registered email address and phone number via email/ SMS.
Question 4: I am unable to download my admit card. What should I do?
Answer: If you are unable to download the admit card till 3 days before the date of the test, contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi on helpline number or email id.
Question 5: What documents should I carry with me while reporting for counseling?
Answer: The candidates should carry the following documents while reporting for counseling:
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate, if not passed from a BHU (to be submitted within 90 days of admission)
- High School and Intermediate Certificate
- Mark sheets of High School and Intermediate
- Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination
- UET/ PET/ RET Admit Card
- SC/ ST/ OBC Certificate, if applicable
- Certificate(s) in support of claim for ‘Sports Seats’
- Certificate of being the son/ daughter of a permanent in-service employee/ Retired/ Reemployed/ Deceased employee of BHU