Candidates appearing for BEEE exam should make themselves familiar with the BEEE exam pattern to understand the structure of the exam. The exam pattern will indicate the marking scheme, the type of questions that will be asked in the exam, the total duration and so forth. To excel in the entrance exam, candidates should put their best foot forward. Since the selection will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance test, candidates should strictly prepare for the exam as per the syllabus prescribed by the authority. The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
BEEE Exam Pattern
In order to score good marks in the exam, candidates should make a strategy keeping in mind the syllabus and the exam pattern for the test. The syllabus of the BEEE exam will be based on the subjects taught in the concerned qualifying examination i.e. class 12th for UG courses. And for PG courses, they need to study the topics taught at UG level. The BEEE exam pattern is as follows-
- Mode of the examination: The exam will be conducted in both online (CBT based) and offline mode (Pen and Paper-based)
- Medium: The questions in the exam will be asked in English language only.
- Duration of the exam: Candidates will get a total time of 2 hours 30 minutes to finish the exam.
- Type of questions: There will be objective type questions asked in the exam. Candidates will be given four choices out of which they have to select the one they think should be the answer.
- Marking scheme: For every correct response, candidates will be given 1 mark.
- Negative marking: There is no provision for negative marking in case the candidates select the wrong answer. Therefore, candidates should use this benefit and attempt as many questions as they can.
Exam structure for UG courses
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
What is online mode (CBT based)?
As the name itself suggest that it is CBT based mode i.e. computer-based test, a test where candidates are provided with a computer system where they need to login into the exam portal using the credentials written in their hall ticket. Once the timer starts, candidates can begin the test. For every question, candidates are given 4 choices, out of which they have to select the one they think is the right answer to that concerned question. Once the timer ends, the test window automatically gets closed.
What is offline mode (Pen and Paper based)?
Offline mode is the traditional mode of the exam where candidates are provided with the question booklet and OMR answer sheet to mark the answers. Candidates are asked to fill the details on the question booklet and the answer sheet. As soon as the exam starts, they can begin marking the answers by darkening the circles/bubbles in the OMR sheet on the option that they think is the correct answer to the question. On completing the exam, candidates can take the question booklet with them and submit the OMR answer sheet to the invigilator.