BCECE 2020: Application Form(Available), Date(Postponed), Syllabus, Preparation Strategy
The BCECE 2020 entrance exam will be conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB). The exam is organized on an annual basis for providing admission into various courses in the fields of medical, agriculture and engineering/technology. Through BCECE exam, students will be eligible to take admission into these courses offered by colleges/universities in Bihar.
Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria before they consider applying for the BCECE exam. For complete details on the BCECE 2020 Examination, students are recommended to go through the complete article. This article features – Eligibility criteria, Application form, Exam pattern, Syllabus etc. in a nutshell.
BCECE 2020 Latest Notification
The date of releasing admit card and conducting exam has been postponed now.
According to the latest notification released by BCECEB, the application form is available from 20th February 2020. Candidates can apply till 18th March 2020, 11.59PM.
Exam Dates for BCECE 2020
Students can prepare for the BCECE 2020 Exam keeping in mind the expected dates mentioned below. The exact dates have been updated based on latest official notification:
|Beginning of online registration||20th Feb 2020|
|Last date to register|
|Online application form editing|
|Issue of admit card|
|Date of exam|
BCECE (LE) 2020- Lateral Entry
|Beginning of online registration||3rd week of May 2020|
|Last date to register||2nd week of June 2020|
|Online application form editing||2nd week of June 2020|
|Issue of admit card||3rd week of June 2020|
|Date of exam||1st week of July 2020|
|Result announcement||July 2020|
Eligibility Criteria BCECE 2020
Only Indian citizens can apply for the BCECE Examination 2020.
- For Pharmacy: A candidates must have passed class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology and have obtained minimum 45% marks (40% for candidates from reserved categories).
- For Engineering/Technology: A candidate must have passed class 12th with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical vocational subjects and have scored minimum 45% aggregate marks (40% for candidates from reserved categories).
- For Medical: A candidate must have passed class 12th or its equivalent with PCM and English. The candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December 2020.
Note: Candidates appearing in class 12th are also eligible to apply for the BCECE 2020 Examination.
For BCECE 2020 (LE) – Lateral Entry
- A candidate should have passed diploma course with at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology.
- A candidate should hold a B.Sc. degree from a recognized University with minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved category) and have passed class 12th with Mathematics as a subject.
- Students belonging to B.Sc. Stream should clear the subjects Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First year Engineering Programme along with the Second year subjects.
BCECE 2020 Application Form
To apply for the BCECE 2020 Exam, candidates need to register themselves by visiting the official website i.e. http://bceceboard.bihar.gov.in/. Students will receive an activation code in their registered Email ID. On clicking the code, their account will be activated. With the help of the login credential, candidates can fill the application form. The form must be filled very carefully. Students should also keep a scanned copy of the signature & photograph handy. Before proceeding for the payment section, students must ensure to check the particulars entered in the form. Once, the form is previewed, candidates can move towards the application fee payment. Here it is important to note that the applications received without the payment will be rejected by the authorities.
|PCM/ CBA/PCA/PCB/MBA/MCA||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-|
|PCMB||Rs. 1100/-||Rs. 550/-|
The application fee can be paid via online mode i.e. debit card/credit card/net banking or through NEFT Challan.
Note: For BCECE (LE) 2020, candidates need to pay Rs. 2200/- via online or NEFT Challan.
BCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
Students should know the exam pattern before starting their preparation. Here’s the pattern for the BCECE exam that candidates need to be aware of.
- Exam Mode: Pen and Paper Based
- Language: Hindi and English
- Duration: 90 Minutes for each subject
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Marking Scheme: +4 marks will be given for each right answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
BCECE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for BCECE exam will be based on the level of class 11th and 12th. Here are the key topics to be covered –
- Physics: Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Physical world and measurement, Properties of Bulk Matter, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid body, Electronic Devices, Work, Energy and Power, Heat and Thermodynamics, Atoms and Nuclei, Communication Systems, etc
- Chemistry: Redox Reactions, s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Some basic concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, p-Block Elements, d- and f-Block Elements, Chemistry in Everyday life, Organic compounds containing Nitrogen, Polymers, Biomolecules, etc
- Mathematics: Calculus, Sets and Functions, Co-Ordinate Geometry, Linear Programming, Algebra, Mathematical Reasoning, Vectors and Three Dimensional Geometry, etc
- Biology: Structural Organization In Animals And Plants, Diversity In Living World, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Biology And Human Welfare, Genetics And Evolution, Ecology & Environment, etc
- Agriculture: Plant Breeding and Genetics, Introductory Agriculture and Agro meteorology, Animal Husbandry, Cropping system, Dairy and Fish Production, Soil and water management, Extension education, Basic Horticulture, etc
Preparation Strategy for BCECE
The exam time can be quite stressful for candidates but with the right guidance, candidates can easily crack the exam. Here are some useful tips for students which will help them in securing good marks in BCECE exam-
- Prepare a practical timetable that can be followed easily.
- Stop wasting unnecessary time on social media.
- Make short notes while studying.
- Practice previous year papers and solve as many as mock papers as you can.
- Revise the topics you’ve studied at the end of the day.
- Practice yoga and meditation to ease your mind.
- Consume a healthy diet and avoid skipping meals.
Recommended Books for BCECE 2020
Candidates can prepare for the exam using these reference books-
- Previous year papers by Arihant Publications
- NCERTs for PCMB.
- Bihar Polytechnic BCECE by Arihant Publications
- C. Verma, Objective Physics by Dinesh
- P. Tandon (Physical and Inorganic Chemistry), Arihant Publication (Organic Chemistry)
- S. Aggarwal, S.L. Loney
- Objective Biology by Dinesh, Biology by Pradeep publications.
BCECE 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for BCECE 2020 Exam can be downloaded from the official website of BCECE i.e. The admit card should be printed out and a copy of the same should be retained for future use. Students need to paste a photograph (same as on the application form) on the admit card. In case, a candidate spots a discrepancy in the admit card, he/she should contact the authorities immediately. Students should also keep in mind to carry the admit card to the exam center as without it the entry to the exam hall will be denied.
BCECE Result 2020
The result for BCECE 2020 will be displayed on the official website. Candidates can check their scores by login into the website using their registration number/roll number. The result will be published in form of merit list. Only those candidates will be allowed for the counselling whose name/roll number appears in the merit list.
BCECE 2020 Counselling
The authorities will publish the notification for counseling on its official website. Candidates should keep tabs on the website for latest updates. During the counselling, candidates will be asked to fill their preference for colleges and course. A seat will be allotted to them based on the rank obtained by them. Candidates will undergo documents verification and physical fitness test before the final admission.