The eligibility criteria for an entrance exam are a set of requirements that must be met by the candidates appearing for the exam. Similarly, the Assam CEE Eligibility Criteria will lay down certain conditions in terms of nationality, domicile, age, qualification, etc that must be fulfilled by the candidates. Only those who fulfill the eligibility criteria will be considered for final admissions. The candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria before they fill out their Assam CEE Application Form. The eligibility of the candidates will be checked at the time of counseling and any candidate if found ineligible will be denied admissions even after they clear the entrance exam.
Assam CEE Eligibility Criteria
The following are the detailed Assam CEE Eligibility Criteria that must be fulfilled by the candidates who are willing to apply for the entrance test. Only those fulfill all these requirements should proceed to the application process.
- The candidates should be of Indian nationality.
- Only those candidates who are a permanent resident of Assam are eligible to apply.
- The minimum age of the candidates should not be less than 17 years as on 1st August 2022.
- The upper age of the candidates must not exceed more than 21 years.
- A relaxation of 1 year will be given to the B.Sc passed candidates.
- The candidates belonging to the SC/ ST category will be given a relaxation of 3 years.
- The candidates who have passed their class 12th exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects can apply for the common entrance test.
- The exam must be cleared without any grace marks in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
- The minimum marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics should be 50%.
- A relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks will be given to the candidates belonging to SC category i.e. qualifying marks will be 45%.
- A relaxation of 10% in qualifying marks will be given to the candidates belonging to ST category, i.e. qualifying marks will be 40%.
- Those candidates who will be appearing in their class 12th board exams in the year 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- The candidate must possess a good moral character.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.