AP PolyCET is a state-level entrance examination conducted annually. It is managed & controlled by the department of technical education, government of Andhra Pradesh. Through this exam, candidates can enroll themselves in the engineering and non-engineering courses provided by various colleges and institutes of Andhra Pradesh. In this article, we’ll be providing necessary details about the eligibility criteria to appear in the exam. Students can stay updated by reading the article and can jot down important points wherever required for their quick reference.
To appear in the exam, aspirants must be fulfilling the eligibility criteria set by respective authorities. If any candidate fails to satisfy the eligibility criteria he/she can’t apply for AP PolyCET application form 2021 because their application form will be rejected in that case. Below is the eligibility criterion for the exam that is mandatory to fulfill-
- Candidates must be a domicile of Andhra Pradesh.
- No Age restriction
- Aspirants should be at least 16 years old.
- Aspirants should pass his/her class 10th (SSC) from AP state.
- Aspirants class 10th exam must be conducted by either one of the given board –
The State Board of Secondary Education or AP/Telangana or any other recognized board.
- Candidates those belong to the NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling)/APOSS (AP Open School Society)/CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)/ICSE (Indian Council for Secondary Education)/other examinations recognized by AP govt are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- Aspirants need at least 35% marks in their qualifying exam.
- Those appearing in the class 10th exam or those waiting for result or whose result is yet to be declared are also qualified to appear for this exam.
- Students with a compartment in SSC exam are also eligible to apply, but compartment should be cleared before the admission.
State Board of Technical Education and Training, A.P. Amaravati has facilitated various helpline centres to assist students in filling the online application form. Candidates can get assistance over there. Please do not commit mistakes in the application form; it is liable to be cancelled by the authority. Hence, you need to be careful enough before you plan to apply for the exam.
Rejection of Candidature
- If an application is incorrectly filled including the signature of candidate and guardian/parent and photograph of the candidate.
- If a candidate has filed false information in the application form.
- Candidates fail to satisfy the eligibility requirement.
- Once the application is rejected, no further requests will be entertained. The fee paid will not be refunded.
- If an application is received without a demand draft of the prescribed fee.