Admissions into the postgraduate law courses into the institutes of Andhra Pradesh will be given on the basis of AP PGLCET 2022. It is a state-level entrance exam which has been extended till the further notice. The exam will be conducted in online mode, i.e., it is a computer-based test. Interested candidates who also fulfill the eligibility for admission can apply for the same in online mode. The process of application may begin from March 2022 onwards and will continue upto May 2022. Details of the exam and the admission process can be found in this article.
AP PGLCET 2022 Main Highlights
- The applicants who have obtained 10+2 or graduation/ post graduation through single sitting system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission.
- In case of the any difficulty in downloading the rank card, the candidates are advised to contact the Convener’s office.
- Request for re-evaluation or personal identification of answer scripts will not be entertained.
- Application form with incomplete or incorrect information can be rejected by the Convener.
- Any correction in the application form submitted can be made on the dates specified in the exam schedule.
AP PGLCET 2022 Important Dates
Below here are given the official dates related to AP PGLCET 2022.
|Release of online application form||March 2022|
|Last date for submission of application form||April 2022|
|Last date to submit the application with late fee –||April 2022|
|Correction in submitted application form||April 2022|
|Last date for application form data correction||April 2022|
|Issue of admit card||May 2022|
|Date of entrance test||May 2022|
|Declaration of result||May 2022|
AP PGLCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility for appearing in AP PGLCET 2022 is given below:
Nationality & Domicile:
- Applicants should be an Indian national and should satisfy Local/ non-local status requirement.
- Age for admission into law courses is subject to the rule position in vogue at the time of admission.
- Candidates with a LLB/ BL degree or those appearing in the final year exam of LLB/BL in the year 2020 are eligible.
- The candidate shall have passed the qualifying exam with at least 50% marks in aggregate for OC/ BC candidates and 45% marks in aggregate for SC/ ST candidates.
AP PGLCET 2022 Application Form
The AP PGLCET application form 2022 will be released on the official website sche.ap.gov.in. The new candidates will first have to make payment of application fee after which they can proceed to fill the application form.
- To fill the fee payment form, the candidates will have to provide their name, qualifying exam hall ticket number, date of birth, mobile number, email id and stream.
- After successful payment, the candidates can login using the qualifying exam hall ticket number and mobile number to check their payment status.
- The application form can be obtained either directly after fee payment or later by using payment reference id, qualifying exam hall ticket number, mobile number and date of birth.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide details such as category, address, qualifying exam details, test center preference, etc.
- The applicants will also have to upload the scanned copies of their photograph and signature in the form.
- After providing complete details in the application form, the candidates can submit it along with the required application fee.
- Application fee for AP PGLCET will be Rs. 850/-.
- The payment of application fee can be done in online mode using net banking /debit card /credit card.
AP PGLCET 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card for entrance exam will be made available for download on the official website.
- The candidate must download their admit card, take its printout and carry it to the exam center on the day of exam.
- Any candidates reporting for the exam without a valid admit card will not be allowed to take their test.
- To protect from loss or damage, the candidates should keep multiple copies of admit card/ hall ticket with them.
- Candidates should preserve the hall ticket to produce it at the time of admission into the course.
AP PGLCET 2022 Exam Pattern
Details of AP PGLCET exam pattern is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Question paper language: English
- Duration of exam: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Number of questions: 120
- Total marks: 120
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer
|Parts||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
AP PGLCET 2022 Syllabus
Check below the syllabus for the AP PGLCET 2022 exam:
Part A syllabus:
- Jurisprudence (20 Questions-20 marks): Schools of Jurisprudence, Obligation, Custom Precedent & Legislation, Rights & Duties, Persons, Property, Liability and Legal Sanctions
- Constitutional Law (20 Questions-20 marks): Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive, Judiciary & Legislature, Center-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution
Part B syllabus:
- Public International Law (16 Questions-16 marks): International & Municipal Law, Nationality & Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, United Nations, State Territory, Air, Sea & Outer Space and State Jurisdiction,
- Mercantile Law (16 Questions-16 marks): General Principles of Contract
- Labour Law (16 Questions-16 marks): Trade Union Act 1926, Industrial Disputes Act 1947
- Crimes & Torts (16 Questions-16 marks): Indian Penal Code, General Principles of Tort, Defences, Joint liability, State liability and Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- IPR & Other Laws (16 Questions-16 marks): Copy right Act 1957, Environmental Protection Act 1986, The Protection of Human Rights Act 1993, Information Technology Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005
AP PGLCET 2022 Result
- The AP PGLCET result will be declared in online mode hopefully in the month of May 2022.
- Candidates can download the rank card from after one week of the publication of results.
- Both result and rank card will be published on the official website sche.sp.gov.in.
- Applicants can check the result or download the rank card using their registration number and PGLCET hall ticket number.
- On the basis of marks obtained in the online test, the candidates will be shortlisted for the counseling and admission round.
AP PGLCET 2022 Counseling
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for verification of documents as per the specified schedule.
- Candidates must carry all the documents in original and photocopy at the time of reporting for counseling.
- Once the verification process is over, the candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for college in which they seek admission.
- The selected candidates will be offered admission subject to fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.