AP PGECET exam pattern will acquaint the candidates with the basics of the examination and will answer the different questions related to the exam. The candidates can get to know about the type and number of questions asked in the exam, the mode and medium of the test, etc. The aspirants should know complete about the exam pattern as well as the AP PGECET syllabus in order to get prepared for the online entrance test in a better manner.
AP PGECET Exam Pattern
To provide the candidates complete familiarity with the entrance exam, the AP PGECET exam pattern is given in detail below. The candidates who are preparing for the entrance test are suggested to go through it.
- Courses for which exam will be conducted: Aerospace Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Food Technology, Geo-Engineering & Geo-Informatics, Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, Nanotechnology, and Pharmacy
- Mode of the exam: The test will be held in online mode. The candidates must get ready to appear for the computer-based exam by practicing the online mock tests available on the official website.
- Duration of the exam: The entrance test will be held for a duration of 120 minutes, i.e. 2 hours.
- Medium of the test: All the questions in the exam will be asked only in the English language.
- Total number of questions: The total number of questions asked in the entrance test will be 120.
- Type of questions: All the questions asked in the exam will be of objective type (multiple-choice). 4 different answers will be given and the candidates will have to select any one of them.
- Total marks: The paper will carry a total of 120 marks.
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer marked by the candidates, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative marking: There will be no provision for negative marking.
- Qualifying marks: The qualifying marks in the AP PGECET will be 25% of the total marks, which will be 30 in this case.
|Course||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||120||120|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||120||120|
|Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics||120||120|