AP PGECET 2023 stands for Andhra Pradesh Postgraduate Engineering Common Entrance Test 2023. It is a state-level exam to be conducted by the Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). The aim of this exam is to shortlist the candidates for admission into M.Tech/ M.E/ M.Pharm/ Pharm.D in the colleges across the state of Andhra Pradesh. Candidates who are seeking admission through this exam need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. Aspirants are advised to check the eligibility criteria carefully before applying.
AP PGECET 2023
- Please note that 85% of the total seats available in each course are reserved for local candidates only.
- While providing admission, the first preference will be given to GPAT/ GATE qualified candidates. The remaining seats will be offered based on AP PGECET 2023 exam.
- Before the result declaration, the authorities will also upload answer keys on its official portal.
- There will be no negative marking in the entrance exam. So, the candidates are advised to attempt all the questions.
- Before filling the application form, the candidates have to pay the necessary application fee.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of official notification||July 2023|
|Starting of the online application form submission||To be updated|
|Last date for the submission of application form without any late fees||To be updated|
|Last date to deposit application form with Rs. 500/- late fees||To be updated|
|Correction window for the online application form submitted||To be updated|
|Last date for online application form submission with late Fee of Rs. 2000/-||To be updated|
|Last date to submit application form in online mode with late fee of Rs. 5000/-||To be updated|
|Release of hall tickets||To be updated|
|Date of Examination||To be updated|
|Publication of preliminary key||To be updated|
|Last date for receiving objections against the preliminary key||To be updated|
|Announcement of result||To be updated|
AP PGECET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Those who are looking to appear for the AP PGECET 2023 exam should meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
Nationality and Nativity
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Aspirants should satisfy the local and non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) order 1974.
- The candidates must have obtained a relevant Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field with at least 50% marks from an AICTE/ UGC approved institute. Only 45% marks required for reserved category candidates.
- Students who are going to appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2023 can also apply.
AP PGECET Application form 2023
Before starting the application form submission, candidates are advised to ensure their eligibility. The general details related to the admission process are as follows.
- The first step of AP PGECET Application Process 2023 is the payment of application fees.
- Candidates may pay the application fee online or by visiting the AP Online Service Centers.
- After fee payment, the aspirants can fill the application form available on the official website of the university.
- Applicants are required to provide all the necessary details in an application form such as name, father’s and mother’s name, Aadhaar card number, email id, mobile number, gender, date of birth, caste, community, etc.
- Along with the details, the candidates also need to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- The format and size of the uploaded images must be as follows.
|Signature||JPG/ JPEG||50 Kb|
|Photograph||JPG/ JPEG||30 Kb|
- Finally, you should take a print out of the application form submitted and keep it safe for future references.
The application fees for AP PGECET 2023 are as follows.
- SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 500/- + Rs. 29.50/- processing fee
- All other candidates: Rs. 1000/- + Rs. 29.50/- processing fee
Mode of Payment: Candidates can either pay the fees online using a debit card/ credit card, net banking or visit AP Online centers to pay the fees in cash.
AP PGECET 2023 Exam Pattern
The pattern of AP PGECET 2023 examination is explained below.
- Mode of Examination: Online (CBT)
- Type of Questions: multiple choice Objective type questions
- Number of Questions: 120
- Medium of Exam: English
- Maximum Marks: 120
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: Not applicable
- Expected Examination Centers: Anantapur, Bhimavaram, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, etc.
Check- AP PGECET Syllabus
AP PGECET Admit Card 2023
- The hall ticket for the AP PGECET 2023 exam will be made available online through the official website.
- To download a hall ticket, candidates need to enter their registration number, date of birth, and exam paper for an entrance test.
- An admit card consists of vital information like examination venue address, date, timings, etc.
- Verify the details after downloading an admit card and contact the authorities in case of a discrepancy.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without having a valid admit card.
AP PGECET 2023 Result
- After the commencement of exams, authorities will declare the result on its official website.
- To check the result, candidates have to visit the official website and provide their registration number and hall ticket number.
- The result card comprises of information like marks secured by the candidate in each subject and his/her rank.
- Please note that the minimum qualifying marks to clear this exam is 25% which means 30 marks out of 120.
AP PGECET Counselling 2023
- Those candidates who will score more than qualifying marks will be called to take part in the counselling process.
- Aspirants have to fill the choice of colleges and courses during the counselling process.
- Please remember that the first preference will be given to the candidates with a valid GPAT/ GATE score.
- Candidates must carry their original documents for verification during the counselling process.
- Admissions will be granted solely based on the choice filled by the candidates and availability of seats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: I wish to appear for one than one paper. Do I need to submit separate application forms?
Answer: No, you may register for more than one paper in a single application form. However, you have to pay the additional application fee.
Question – 2: Can I receive a physical admit card after filling the application form?
Answer: No, the university will upload hall tickets on its official website only.
Question – 3: What if I am not satisfied with the answer keys?
Answer: Candidates will get the time of a few days in which they can submit an objection against the preliminary key.