AP LAWCET 2023 stands for Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test. It is a law entrance exam conducted by the Sri Krishnadevaraya University on behalf of APSCHE. This exam is conducted to shortlist the candidates for admission into 3 years and 5 years LLB Courses. The admissions are provided into various law colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Interested candidates who are looking for admission through this exam need to fill and submit an application form in online mode. However, they must check the eligibility criteria before submitting the form because the application fee is non-refundable.
AP LAWCET 2023
- The expected centers of exam are as follows – Anantapuramu, Chittoor, Tirupati, Kadapa, Kurnool, Nandyal, Ongole, Guntur, Vijayawada, Bhimavaram, Kakinada, Rajamahendravaram, Visakhapatnam, Vizinagaram, Srikakulam.
- The rank obtained in AP LAWCET 2023 will remain valid from the academic session 2023 – 2024 only.
- To get admission, a candidate should be an Indian National and should satisfy local/ non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions Order, 1974.
- The evaluation in AP LAWCET exam is done very carefully. Hence, the university will not entertain any request for re-totaling or revaluation or personal identification of scripts
- Authorities have also provided mock tests on the official website to familiarize candidates with the exam pattern.
AP LAWCET 2023 Schedule
|Commencement of the online application form submission||July 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form without any late fees||August 2023|
|Last date to submit an application form with a late fee of Rs. 500/-||August 2023|
|Correction window to rectify mistakes in the application forms submitted||August 2023|
|Availability of hall tickets||September 2023|
|Date of AP LAWCET exam||September 2023|
AP LAWCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for 3 years and 5 years LLB Course as given below.
- For 3 Years L.L.B program: The candidate must have a graduate degree (in 10+2+3 pattern) or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 45% marks in aggregate.
- For 5 Years L.L.B program: Aspirants must have passed class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board with at least 45% aggregate marks.
Note: A relaxation of 5% marks will be given to the candidates from SC/ ST categories. Similarly, candidates from the OBC category will get a relaxation of 3% marks.
AP LAWCET 2023 Application Form
The application form of AP LAWCET 2023 will release in online mode. Candidates who are eligible should go through the instructions given before applying.
- The first step of the application process is application fee payment.
- Once the fee is paid, the candidates can move on to fill details in the application form.
- Candidates are required to fill their complete personal details, educational details, and contact details in the application form.
- After entering the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature in the application form.
- The size of the uploaded photograph and signature should not exceed 50KB and 30 KB respectively.
- The format of the images should be jpg or jpeg.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application form submitted safely for future references.
- The application fee for 3 years/ 5 years LLB Courses is Rs. 750/-
- Applicants need to pay the application fee online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
AP LAWCET 2023 Admit Card
- The link to download an admit card/ hall ticket for the AP LAWCET 2023 exam will be available on the official website.
- Please note that the candidates have to provide their registration number, qualifying examination hall ticket number, and Date of birth in order to download a hall ticket.
- A hall ticket comprises information about the examination schedule, and address of the exam center.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to carry a hard copy of the hall ticket downloaded.
- Keep the hall ticket safe even after the exam until the admission process gets completed.
AP LAWCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Students who are looking for admission through AP LAWCET 2023 should check the exam pattern given below.
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer-based test)
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ
- Language of Questions: English and Telugu
- Maximum Marks: 120
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: Not applicable.
|Parts||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part A – General Knowledge & Mental Ability||30||30|
|Part B – Current Affairs||30||30|
|Part C – Aptitude for study of Law||60||60|
|Total||120 Questions||120 Marks|
AP LAWCET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of the AP LAWCET Exam 2023 is given below.
- General Knowledge & Mental Ability: Geography, logical reasoning, Analytical Ability, Decision Making, Non-Verbal reasoning, History, Economics, Polity, etc.
- Current Affairs: News related to law, news related to the environment, political news, etc. This section covers the reading of an entire newspaper. The aspirant is expected to know the current affairs on a local, national, and global level.
- Aptitude for study of law: Fundamental Duties, legal aptitude, Law related knowledge, Constitution of India, Fundamental Rights, etc.
AP LAWCET 2023 Result
- Before the result declaration, authorities will also upload response of the candidates on the official website.
- To check the result, candidates have to enter their registration number and AP LAWCET hall ticket number on the official website.
- Apart from the result, the university will release a merit list based on the marks secured by applicants in the AP LAWCET 2023 exam.
- In case of a tie, a candidate with a better score in part –c of the exam will secure a better merit position.
AP LAWCET 2023 Counselling
- The AP LAWCET 2023 counselling will take in online mode.
- The counselling process consists of multiple steps such as registration, document verification, options exercise, seat allotment, reporting to the allotted college, etc.
- A separate counselling fee is also applicable to participate in the counselling process.
- The seats are allotted based on choice filled by the candidates and merit list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Can I choose the exam center city?
Answer: Yes, you will have to select two cities while filling the form. Most probably, you will get the exam center in selected cities only.
Question: I am not satisfied with my AP LAWCET 2023 result. Can I request for a re-checking?
Answer: No, there is no provision for re-checking.
Question: Can I get the application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, it is mandatory to submit the application form online through the official website only.