Sri Krishnadevaraya University will conduct the AP Law Common Entrance Test – 2022 or APLAWCET 2022 exam on behalf of APSCHE, Hyderabad. Through this exam, the aspiring candidates can get admission to various private and government Law colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The degree courses available after clearing this exam are 3-year LLB and 5-year LLB. The candidates seeking admission through APLAWCET 2022 exam need to fill and submit the application form in online mode.
It is being notfied that the application process of AP LAWCET has been stated from 13th May 2022. The candidates please note that this is an online exam in which they have to answer 120 questions within 90 minutes.
Latest: AP LAWCET application form is now available.
AP LAWCET 2022 Main Highlights
- The application form of AP LAWCET will release only in online mode through the official website.
- The candidates looking to apply must check the eligibility criteria as the application fee is non-refundable.
- It is expected that the entrance exam will take place in May 2022.
- The questions in the entrance exam will be asked in both English and Telugu language.
- The university will also provide a correction window in order to rectify the mistake in the application form.
- Please note that the admission will be granted solely on the basis of entrance exam merit.
AP LAWCET 2022 Important Dates
The official schedule for AP LAWCET 2022 is as follows:
|Release of official notification||out|
|Starting of online application form submission||13th May 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form without late fee||13th June 2022|
|Last date for application form submission with late fee||To be updated|
|Correction window for the submitted application form||To be updated|
|Availability of Admit Card||To be updated|
|Date of entrance examination||13th July 2022|
|Publication of preliminary answer keys||To be updated|
|Last date to receive objection against the preliminary answer keys||To be updated|
|Result Declaration||To be updated|
AP LAWCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants should check the eligibility criteria carefully before submitting the application form because the application fee is non-refundable.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must satisfy the local/ non-local status requirement as per the rules of Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions order 1974 and subsequent amendments.
For 3-year LLB Course
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university (in 10+2+3 pattern) with at least 45% aggregate marks (42% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST candidates)
- In case the candidate doesn’t have 45% marks in graduation but have a Postgraduate degree with at least 45% (42% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST candidates) then he/she can also apply
For 5-year LLB Course:
- The applicant must pass Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent exam with at least 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST and 42% for OBC candidates)
AP LAWCET 2022 Application Form
Here are the instructions that the candidates may follow in order to apply for AP LAWCET 2022 exam
- To start the application process, the aspirants first need to pay the application fee.
- The candidate can pay the application fee online or by visiting the APOnline centre.
- Once the successful payment status is updated on the online portal, the candidate may move on to fill the application form.
- To fill the application form, the candidates need to visit the official website i.e. https://sche.ap.gov.in.
- After opening the application form on the official website, the candidates have to provide all the necessary educational, personal and contact details in the form.
- While entering the details, the candidates also need to provide two preferences for the exam centres.
- Apart from the details, the applicants need to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format.
- The size of the uploaded photograph must be less than 50 KB and the size of a signature should be less 50 KB.
- After filling the details and uploading the images the candidates should verify the details.
- Finally, submit the application form if all the details are correct.
- The candidates should keep a copy of the submitted application form safe for future requirement.
Note: It is mandatory to enter the Aadhar Card number in the application form. The candidates may enter the Aadhar enrolment number if they do not have the Aadhar card number.
- The application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 750/-
- The processing fee of Rs. 29.50/- is also applicable. So, the total fee is Rs. 779.50/-
Mode of Payment
- The aspirants can visit the nearest APOnline centre in order to pay the application fee by cash. Please note that the hall ticket number of the qualifying exam is required at the APOnline centre for application fee payment.
- Alternatively, the candidates can pay the application fee online using a debit card, credit card or internet banking.
AP LAWCET 2022 Admit Card
- The authorities will release the application form only via online mode through the official website.
- The candidates who will submit the application form successfully will be able to download their admit card/ hall ticket by entering their registration number.
- Please note that the authorities will not send AP LAWCET Admit card 2022 via post or other offline methods.
- All the details regarding the exam such as date, venue and timing etc. will be available on the admit card.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to carry the admit card at the time of exam.
- The applicant should keep the admit card safe even after the exam because it will be required at the time of admission.
AP LAWCET Exam Pattern 2022
The exam pattern of AP LAWCET 2022 exam is as follows:
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer-based Exam)
- Number of Questions: 120
- Duration of Exam: 90 Minutes (1 Hour and 30 Minutes)
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Language of Examination: English and Telugu
- Maximum Marks: 120
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking.
- Sections of Exam:Part A – General Knowledge and Mental Ability, Part B – Current Affairs, and Part C – Aptitude for the study of Law
Subject-wise number of questions and marks
|Section/ Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|General Knowledge and Mental Ability||30||30|
|Aptitude for the study of Law||60||60|
|Total||120 Marks||120 Marks|
Exam centres: Chittoor, Anantapuramu, Ongole, Nellore, Nandyal, Kurnool, Kadapa, Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, Rajamahendravaram, Kakinada, Bhimavaram, Vijayawada, Guntur.
AP LAWCET 2022 Syllabus
- The questions in the entrance exam of 5-year LLB course will be of intermediate (10+2) level.
- For the entrance exam of 3-year LLB course, the students may prepare as per the graduation level syllabus of General Knowledge and Mental Ability, Current Affairs, and Aptitude for the study of Law.
- The questions in section C i.e. Aptitude for the study of Law will be based on elementary knowledge of the basic principles of the Law and Constitution of India.
- The qualifying marks for AP LAWCET 2022 exam is 35% i.e. 42 marks out of 120.
- There are no minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to score at least minimum qualifying marks in order to get a valid rank in the exam.
AP LAWCET Result 2022
- Before the declaration of the result, the university will first release the preliminary answer key on the official website.
- The candidates can submit their objection against the preliminary answer key.
- After evaluating the objections against the answer keys, the authorities will publish the result online.
- The aspirants will be able to check their result by entering their roll number/ registration number.
- The exam authorities will not entertain any request for retotaling or re-evaluation of the answer sheets.
- As per the marks scored in the exam, all the candidates will get their unique rank.
- In case two candidate have the same marks then the candidate with better marks in “Aptitude for the study of Law” will get a better rank.
- In case the tie persists then the older candidate will get a better rank.
- The candidate can download their rank card one week after the declaration of result
AP LAWCET 2022 Counselling
- The candidates who will get a valid rank in the AP LAWCET 2022 exam will be allowed to take part in the counselling process.
- The authorities will release the complete details about the counselling process after the declaration of result.
- At the time of counselling, proper verification of documents will take place.
- During the counselling, the candidates have to provide their choices of colleges.
- The admission will be provided on the basis of rank secured by the candidates in the entrance exam.