Admission into AMU MBBS 2021 will be granted to the candidates who qualify the NEET exam. The university will have 50% institutional reservation for the candidates who have studied from their schools for the last 3 years. The rest 50% of seats will be open to all NEET qualified candidates. Counseling for AMU MBBS admission 2021 will be conducted by the Medical Counseling Committee. Admission to the selected candidates will be granted into the MBBS course provided by Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College. The complete details of the AMU MBBS admission process are given in the article below.
The tentative dates for the AMU MBBS Admission 2021 are mentioned in the table below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of online registration and choice filling for 1st round counseling||2nd week of June 2021|
|Final locking of choices||3rd week of June 2021|
|Seat allotment||3rd week of June 2021|
|Publication of final list of candidates selected in the 1st round||4th week of June 2021|
|Beginning of online registration and choice filling 2nd round counseling||1st week of July 2021|
|Final locking of choices||2nd week of July 2021|
|Seat allotment||2nd week of July 2021|
|Publication of final list of candidates selected in the 2nd round||2nd week of July 2021|
|Registration of internal candidates for final mop-up round||1st week of August 2021|
|Reporting to the venue for admission||Last week of August 2021|
Registration and Choice Filling
- The candidates will have to register online on the MCC website in order to be considered for AMU MBBS counseling.
- Candidates will have to provide their basic personal, educational and other important details into the registration form.
- Applicants will also be allowed to provide the choice for medical colleges they wish to get enrolled in.
- In addition to this, the candidates will also have to fill and submit their applications on the AMU website.
- Counseling will be held only for those candidates who register themselves successfully on both MCC and university website.
- The candidates will also have to submit a registration fee of Rs. 1000/- for UR candidates & Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH candidates at the time of counseling.
- Payment of the registration fee can be made in online mode and the fee once paid will not be refunded.
- The counseling of the successfully registered candidates will be conducted by MCC in online mode.
- The applicants are supposed to provide the choice for admissions in AMU as their top preference as the seats will be allotted according to their preference only.
- Now, based on the NEET ranking of the candidates, they will be allotted a seat in the AMU MBBS college.
- List of the candidates who are selected for admissions in AMU MBBS college will be uploaded on the official MCC website.
- In the selection list, released in PDF format, the following details will be mentioned- candidate’s name, application number, roll number, father’s name, total marks, percentile and NEET rank.
- Candidates will be check their names and other details in this list using scroll down or ctrl + F.
- The result of seat allotment will be released on the official website of Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) mcc.nic.in.
- Seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their rank and availability of seats at their rank.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat will then have to report to the Dean’s Office, Faculty of Medicine, AMU, Aligarh for final admission.
- Candidates whose names appear in the selection list will have to report to the university as per the specified schedule.
- The schedule of the admission process will be released on the MCC website and the candidates must appear accordingly.
- Those reporting for admissions must carry their documents in original and photocopy for verification.
- Documents as well as eligibility of the candidates will be verified at the time of reporting.
- Final enrolment will be granted to the candidates after successful verification.
Candidates who are selected for AMU MBBS admission are required to report in person along with the following documents:
- NEET admit card 2021
- NEET result/ rank letter
- Class 10th certificate or date of birth certificate
- Marks sheet/ grade sheet of qualifying examination (class 12th) along with 6 Self-attested photocopies
- 10 Passport size photograph (same as one on the application form)
- Provisional allotment letter generated online
- Proof of identity (Aadhaar/ PAN/ Driving License/ Passport)
- SC/ ST Certificate issued by the competent authority (Proforma from NEET brochure)
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority (Proforma from NEET brochure)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (Proforma from university website)
- Transfer/ Migration and Character Certificate from the Institution last attended (if not enrolled at AMU)
- Name Removal Certificate from the rolls of the concerned Faculty/ College/ Institution (if already enrolled to any full-time course of study in any institution)
- Undertaking before the Vice-Chancellor, AMU, Aligarh on a plain paper regarding compulsory 75% Attendance in each subject
- Two Oath Commissioner’s Affidavits on simple plain paper- one on the candidates’ behalf and the other on behalf of parents/ guardian regarding not to indulge in ragging
- Tuition fee in form of cash or demand draft drawn in the favor of Finance Officer, AMU, Aligarh
- 2 self-addressed envelopes bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 22/- each (to be submitted in the Office of the Provost of Hall of Residence/ NRSC allotted)
NRI/ OCI candidates are required to submit the following additional documents:
- Copy of the passport of sponsorer
- Sponsorship affidavit (stating that sponsorer is ready to bear the expenses for the whole duration of study)
- Relationship Affidavit (Relation of candidate with the sponsorer)
- NRI Certificate/Employment certificate attested by Indian Embassy
- NRE Bank Account Number in India with copies of the relevant document(s) duly attested by the concerned bank from which payment is to be made