AMU BA LLB 2021: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria & Pattern
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) will select the candidates for admission to its BA LLB Course through an entrance exam. The candidates who are looking to appear for this exam need to fill and submit an online application form. It is expected that the application process for AMU BA LLB 2021 will begin in the month of February 2021. It is an offline exam in which the candidates have to answer 100 objective type questions in 2 hours. Interested candidates first need to check and ensure that they meet the eligibility norms before submitting the application form. Complete details regarding the AMU BA LLB Admission process 2021 are provided in this post.
- B.A.LL.B. course under Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is available at three locations i.e. AMU Aligarh, AMU Center Malappuram, AMU Center Murshidabad.
- The expected examination centers as per the last year are Aligarh, Kolkata, and Kozhikode.
- Physically Challenged candidates will get a relaxation of up to 5 years in the upper age limit.
- After getting the admission the candidates have to deposit their original mark sheet of the qualifying exam in the university. This mark sheet will be returned one month after the closure of the admission process.
- The medium of the entrance exam shall be English.
The tentative Schedule of AMU BA LLB 2021 is given in the table below.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration for exam||1st week of February 2021|
|Last date to submit an online application form||2nd week of March 2021|
|Releasing date of Admit card||1st week of May 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||Last week of May 2021|
|Result declaration||3rd week of July 2021|
|Beginning of the counselling process||July 2021/ August 2021|
|Closure of admission process||July 2021/ August 2021|
AMU BA LLB Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates looking for AMU BA LLB 2021 Admission must fulfill the eligibility criteria listed below.
- The age of a candidate as on 1st July 2021 should not be more than 22 years
- Applicants must have passed senior secondary school certificate (10+2) or equivalent examination with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Deeni Madaris graduates completed a bridge course from AMU with at least 50% marks can also apply.
AMU BA LLB 2021 Application Form
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria may go through the instructions given below regarding the application process.
- To initiate the application process, candidates have to visit the official website of the university i.e. www.amucontrollerexams.com.
- On the official website, the aspirants need to register as a new user by providing some of their basic educational, contact, and personal details.
- Once registered, the candidates may access the main application form and fill the rest of the details.
- Remember, the details that you will enter in the application form should be authentic. Otherwise, the application form may get rejected.
- While filling the form, aspirants are required to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- Then, the candidates need to pay the fees and submit the application form.
- It is recommended that the applicants should keep a printout of the application form submitted for future requirements.
- The application fee for all the candidates is Rs. 650/-
- Candidates may submit the application fee online using a credit card, debit card or internet banking.
AMU BA LLB 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates preparing for the entrance exam should know the exam pattern given below.
- Examination Mode: Offline (Pen and paper-based examination)
- Type of Questions: Objective Type Questions (MCQs)
- Number of Questions: 100 Questions
- Language of Questions: English
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours
- Marking Pattern: 1 mark for each question
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of every incorrect answer
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Proficiency in English||40 questions||40 Marks|
|Current Affairs/ General Knowledge (with emphasis on legal issues)||30 questions||30 Marks|
|Reasoning and Aptitude||30 questions||30 Marks|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
AMU BA LLB Admit Card 2021
- The admit card of AMU BA LLB 2021 exam is expected to be made available two days before the entrance test.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the Aligarh Muslim University and download their admit card.
- After taking a printout of the downloaded admit card, applicants have to paste their photograph in the respective space on the admit card.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to carry a valid admit card at the examination center.
- In case of any discrepancy with the admit card, the applicants should contact the application form handling office of the AMU.
AMU BA LLB 2021 Result
- The AMU BA LLB Result 2021 will release online through the official website only.
- Candidates will be able to check the result by entering their information like roll number, registration number, etc.
- A result card comprises information about the marks secured by an applicant in the entrance exam.
- Candidates scoring more than cutoff marks will be shortlisted for admission.
AMU BA LLB 2021 Counselling
- Those who will clear the AMU BA LLB 2021 entrance exam can participate in the counselling process.
- All the admission formalities will take place during the counselling.
- Every candidate must carry his/her documents while appearing for the counselling for verification purposes.
- The admission will be confirmed only after document verification and payment of the application fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Will I receive the admit card by post?
Answer: No, admit cards will not be sent by post.
Question – 2: Does AMU have a single application form for multiple courses?
Answer: No, separate application forms are submitted for various courses.
Question – 3: My application form is rejected. Can I get a refund of the application fee?
Answer: No, the application fee will not be refunded.
Question – 4: Is there any concession in the application fee for SC/ ST candidates?
Answer: The application fee for all the candidates is the same i.e. Rs. 650/-.