Candidates interested in pursuing UG, PG, PG diploma, certificate courses offered by Aligarh Muslim University need to apply for AMU admission 2023 by filling the online form. The university will be releasing the application form in the month of April 2023. Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of admission test/departmental test conducted by AMU. Candidates must check their eligibility status before applying for the test. The duration of the test varies from 2 hours to 3 hours depending upon the course a candidate seeks admission in. There will be a penalty for marking incorrect answers in the OMR answer sheet. For more details, kindly go through the article.
AMU Admission 2023
- Only online applications will be considered as a valid one. No printed applications will be entertained by the authority for submission.
- Candidates need to provide a valid email id and phone number while filling the form. AMU will use these details to contact the candidates in the future.
- Candidates need to keep their application/reference/transaction number for future reference. The details must not be shared with anyone.
- The minimum qualifying percentage for admission is 15%. No candidate will be considered for admission if the marks scored by him/her are less than the given figure.
- The courses for which departmental test is to be conducted shall be held at Aligarh center only.
AMU 2023 Important dates
Candidates can note down the key details for AMU admission 2023 mentioned below. Here is the schedule for B.Tech programme:
|Application form availability||April 2023 (tentative)|
|Last date of form submission||To be updated|
|Admit card downloading||To be updated|
|Exam date (admission test)||To be updated|
|Result announcement||To be updated|
|Commencement of counselling||To be updated|
|Closing of admission||To be updated|
AMU 2023 Exam pattern
The exam pattern for AMU admission 2023 is provided below-
- Exam mode: OMR-based
- Duration: 2 hours or 3 hours (accordingly)
- Language: English (except for language-specific courses)
- Type of questions: MCQ types
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer, candidates will get 1 mark.
- Negative marking: 1/4th marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Bachelor’s in Arts (BA)
|Subjects||Maximum marks||Total marks|
|General awareness and current affairs||40|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||10|
|Topics||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Topics||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|General environmental awareness||25||25|
|Quantitative & numerical ability||25||25|
|English comprehension and written communication skills||25||25|
|DI and logical reasoning||25||25|
AMU 2023 Application form
The application form for AMU admission 2023 can only be filled online by visiting the official website i.e. amucontrollerexams.com. The application form will ask for details such as- name, address, father’s name, gender, category, course, academic details among others. Candidates need to fill these details very carefully as if any stage, the details provided by them appear to be misleading or incorrect, candidates will be disqualified from taking the exam. Applicants also need to upload their scanned photograph, thumb-impression and signature along with other documents in the form. Only single registration is enough for applying to multiple courses. The form must be submitted on time to avoid last-minutes rush or disappointment. Candidates must pay the necessary application fee as stated by the authority.
|B.Sc, BA, B.Tech, M.Sc, M.Tech, BFA, MA, B.Com, M.Com, LLM etc||Rs. 450/-|
|MBA, MBA (IB), MBA (Islamic banking and finance), BA LLB||Rs. 650/-|
|Post MA diploma course||Rs. 350/-|
|Diploma in Engineering, Vocational courses||Rs. 550/-|
Note: Candidates need to pay an additional test fee of Rs. 100/- if they want to be considered for sports category. The payment of application fee can be done through credit card. Debit card and net banking.
AMU 2023 Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for AMU admission 2023 is mentioned below-
|Course of study||Maximum age|
|Senior secondary school certification||19 years|
|Diploma in engineering||21 years|
|Graduate courses||24 years|
|Post graduate courses where qualifying exam is graduation||27 years|
|Post graduate courses where Q.E after graduation is 1-years||28 years|
|Post graduate courses where Q.E after graduation is 2-years||29 years|
|Post PG diploma courses||29 years|
- Sc: Candidates should have qualified senior secondary school exam or its equivalent with minimum 55% aggregate marks in the subjects English, and any three of the following- Physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology, and home science.
- BA: Students should have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- BFA: Pass in class 12th exam or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate is required.
- Arch: Candidates must have cleared class 12th exam or its equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate marks with PCM subject group and English subject.
- Sc: Applicants should have completed B.Sc in relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
- Tech: B.Tech degree or its equivalent degree in relevant discipline with at least 60% aggregate marks is required. Candidates should also have completed class 12th exam with science stream.
- Com: Candidates should have completed B.Com degree with minimum marks 55% in aggregate.
AMU 2023 Syllabus
- For UG courses: Candidates need to study for the exam as per the syllabus prescribed for class 11th and 12th respectively
- For PG courses: Candidates preparing for admission test/department test in PG courses need to study from their concerned UG program syllabus.
AMU 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card for the admission test can be obtained from the official website of the university.
- Candidates taking departmental test need to procure the admit card 2 days before the exam from the concerned department of the university.
- Candidates need to get the admit card printed and should keep it safe till the admission is over.
- No admit card will be sent to the candidates via post or any other means except the ones mentioned.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to carry the admit card to the exam hall failing which they won’t be allowed to appear in the exam.
- Applicants also need to bring a valid ID proof to the exam hall.
AMU 2023 Result
- Candidates can check their result from the official web portal of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
- The authority will publish a merit list of the candidates selected for admission. It might also release a chance memo list in case vacancies being available due to any reason.
- Candidates shortlisted for admission need to attend the counselling process conducted by the university itself to choose their specialization.
- During the counselling, candidate’s original documents will also be verified thoroughly.
- Finally, the university will allot a seat to the candidates based on their merit rank, choice opted during the counselling and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.