The Amrita University provides the candidates admission to different undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered at its different campuses. Candidates who wish to get enrolled into these courses need to apply for the same through online mode. The application form will be released as per the schedule decided by the authorities (dates will vary for different courses). Find detailed information regarding the Amrita University Admission 2022 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, etc from this article below.
Courses Offered at the Amrita University
The following courses are offered at the Amrita University:
|BA English Language and Literature/ Mass Communication||B.Com, B.Com Taxation and Finance/ IT and Finance/ Professional Accounting|
|BBA, BBA Logistics Management||BCA, BCA Data Science|
|B.Sc Anesthesia Technology/ Cardiac Perfusion Technology/ Cardio Vascular Technology/ Diabetes Sciences/ Dialysis Therapy/ Echocardiography Technology/ Emergency Medical Technology/ Visual Media/ Biotechnology/ Medical Radiologic Technology/ Microbiology/ Physics/ Nursing/ Optometry/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Respiratory Therapy/ Intensive Care Technology/ Medical Laboratory Technology/ Neuro-electro Physiology/ Operation Theatre Technology/ Physician Assistant||B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Computer & Communication Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering/ Artificial Intelligence/ Cyber Security/ Electrical and Computer Engineering/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electronics and Computer Engineering/ Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering|
|Diploma in Dental Mechanics||MBBS|
|B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture||Pharm.D|
|Integrated M.Sc Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics||Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology|
|M.Sc Chemistry/ Emergency Medical Technology/ Biostatistics/ Biotechnology/ Mathematics/ Medical Laboratory Technology/ Microbiology/ Neuro Electro Physiology/ Nursing/ Physics/ Respiratory Therapy/ Mathematics/ Molecular Medicine/ Nanobiotechnology/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Clinical Nutrition and Food Science/ Applied Statistics and Data Analytics/ Deglutology & Swallowing Disorders/ Visual Communication||M.Tech Artificial Intelligence/ Artificial Intelligence and Data Science/ Automotive Electronics/ Automotive Engineering/ Bio-Medical Engineering/ Biomedical Instrumentation and Signal Processing/ Communication and Information Systems/ Communication Systems/ Computational Engineering & Networking/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Cyber Security/ Cyber Security Systems & Networks/ Data Science/ Embedded Control and Automation/ Embedded Systems/ Engineering Design/ Geoinformatics and Earth Observation/ Industrial Intelligent Systems/ Manufacturing Engineering/ Materials Science and Engineering/ Molecular Medicine/ Power and Energy (Smart Grids & Electric Vehicles)/ Power Electronics and Drives/ Renewable Energy Technologies/ Robotics and Automation/ Structural & Construction Engineering/ Thermal & Fluid Engineering/ VLSI Design/ Nanobiotechnology/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Wireless Networks & Applications|
|MD Dermatology, Venerology & Leprosy/ Anesthesiology/ Anatomy/ Ayurveda Samhita/ Biochemistry/ Community Medicine/ Dravyaguna Vigyana/ Emergency Medicine/ Forensic Medicine/ General Medicine/ Geriatrics/ Kayachikitsa/ Microbiology/ Nuclear Medicine/ Paediatrics/ Panchakarma/ Pathology/ Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation/ Physiology/ Psychiatry/ Radiodiagnosis/ Radiotherapy/ Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana/ Respiratory Medicine/ Swasthavritta||MDS Community Dentistry/ Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics/ Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery/ Oral Medicine & Radiology/ Oral Pathology & Microbiology/ Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics/ Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry/ Periodontology/ Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge/ Public Health Dentistry|
|M.Ch in Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgery/ Gastro Intestinal Surgery/ Gynecologic Oncology/ Head & Neck Surgery/ Neuro Surgery/ Pediatric Surgery/ Plastic Surgery/ Urology||M.Phil English Language and Literature/ Hospital Administration/ Commerce & Management/ Chemistry/ Clinical Psychology/ Mathematics/ Computer Science & IT/ Commerce and Management/ Computer Science and IT/ English Language & Literature/ Visual Media and Communication|
|MS General Surgery/ Obstetrics & Gynecology/ Ophthalmology/ Orthopedics/ Otorhinolaryngology/ Prasuti Tantra & Streeroga/ Shalakya Tantra (Netra Roga Vigyana)/ Shalya Tantra (Samanya)||MA English Language and Literature/ Journalism and Mass Communication/ Philosophy/ Visual Media & Communication/ Communication/ English/ English Literature & Literary Theory|
|MFA Visual Media: Animation and Content Management/ Visual Media: Applied Art and Advertising||M.Pharma, M.Pharma Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ Pharmaceutics/ Pharmacology|
|MBA-MS in Business Analytics||Masters in Public Health|
|Integrated M.Tech-PhD||MCA, MCA (Lateral)|
|MBA||Master of Hospital Administration|
|M.Com, M.Com Finance and Systems||Master of Social Work (MSW)|
|Pharm.D. Post Baccalaureate|
Amrita University Admission 2022 Important Dates
Check out the important dates (tentative) related to Amrita University Admission 2022 below:
For B.Tech (AEEE 2022):
|Availability of application form||September 2021, 3rd week|
|Last date for submitting the application form (for CBT)||March 2022, last week|
|Commencement of slot booking for CBT||April 2022, 1st week|
|Slot booking closes for CBT||April 2022, 2nd week|
|Last date for submitting the application form (for PPT)||April 2022, 4th week|
|Date of computer-based test||April 2022, 4th to last week|
|Date of pen & paper-based test||May 2022, 1st week|
|Starting of online registration for seat allotment||May 2022, 1st week|
|Declaration of result||May 2022, 2nd week|
Eligibility Criteria for Amrita University Admission 2022
The course-wise eligibility criteria for Amrita University 2022 admission are given below:
For undergraduate courses:
- BA, B.Com, BFA & BBA: A pass in class 12th exam from a recognized board is required.
- B.Sc: The candidates should have cleared their class 12th exam preferably with Science stream.
- BCA: Applicants need to pass their class 12th exam with Mathematics as a subject.
- B.Tech: A pass in class 12th exam with minimum 60% marks in aggregate of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and at least 55% in each of these three subjects is required.
- MBBS & BDS: The applicants should have cleared their class 12th exam with Biology as a subject.
- B.Pharma: Those with a pass in class 12th exam with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Mathematics are eligible.
For postgraduate courses:
- M.Sc: The candidates should have done B.Sc in the concerned specialization.
- M.Tech: A B.Tech degree or its equivalent in the relevant field is required to be eligible.
- MDS: Candidates with BDS degree can apply for the MDS degree course.
- MA: The applicants should have done BA in the relevant specialization.
- MFA: Those with a BFA degree in the concerned field are eligible to apply.
- M.Pharma: A B.Pharma or equivalent from a recognized board is required.
- MCA: Candidates holding a BCA degree can apply for the MCA degree programme.
- MBA: Any graduate can apply for the MBA course.
- M.Com: Applicants should have done their B.Com from a recognized institute.
Amrita University 2022 Application Form
- Candidates can apply for the Amrita University Admission 2022 through online mode by visiting the official website of the university www.amrita.edu.
- The applicants need to register themselves first by providing basic details like name, email address, phone number, etc.
- After registration, a registration number and password will be generated using which the candidates can obtain the application form.
- Rest personal and academic details of the candidates should be entered into the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Duly-filled application form can be submitted along with the prescribed application fee.
- After successful submission, the candidates should take a printout of the application form should be taken and kept by the candidates for future reference.
- B.Tech with AEEE only: INR 1000
- B.Tech with AEEE, JEE Mains CRL Rank: INR 1000
- B.Tech with JEE Mains CRL Rank: INR 300
- B.Tech with AEEE, JEE Mains CRL Rank + B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture: INR 1500
- B.Tech with JEE Mains CRL Rank + B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture: INR 1000
- Any UG/ PG programme other than B.Tech: 750
Amrita University Exam Pattern 2022
The exam pattern overview for Amrita University entrance test is provided below:
For B.Tech (AEEE 2022):
- Mode of exam: Online and offline both
- Duration of exam: 150 minutes
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of question: Objective type
- Total marks: 300
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer 3 marks will be given
- Negative marking: For each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
Amrita University 2022 Admit Card
- The university will release admit card for the entrance exam a few weeks before the exam.
- Candidates can download their admit card by visiting the official website of the university.
- A copy of the admit card must be carried by the candidates while reporting to the exam center.
- Details like candidate’s name, gender, roll number, exam schedule, venue, etc will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is advised to keep the admit card safe till the whole admission process is over.
Amrita University Result & Counseling 2022
- Candidates will be able to check the result of the entrance exam from the official website of the university.
- On the basis of marks in the exam, the authorities will prepare a merit list of the qualified candidates.
- Further process of counseling will be carried out as per the names of the candidates in the merit list and schedule decided by the university.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for the counseling must report for the same with all the documents in original and photocopy for verification.
- The candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for course specialization and campus for admissions.
- Upon successful verification of documents, seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their ranking and choice.
Amrita University Admission 2022 FAQs
Question 1: Can I obtain the Amrita University application form through offline mode?
Answer: Yes the application form can also be purchased offline from the university counter after paying the prescribed application fee.
Question 2: Where are the campuses of Amrita University?
Answer: The Amrita University has its campuses in the following cities- Coimbatore, Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Kochi, Mysuru and Chennai.
Question 3: Is it possible to get a refund on the submitted application fee?
Answer: No. The application fee once submitted cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
Question 4: What are the criteria for admission to the different courses of Amrita University?
Answer: For some courses (like B.Tech) entrance exams will be conducted. For certain courses (like B.Sc), admission will be done on the basis of merit in qualifying exam. For rest courses (like MBA, M.Pharma, M.Tech, etc), the admission is done on the basis of candidates’ performance in national level exams (such as CAT, GPAT, GATE, etc).
Question 5: What if I fail to secure admission in the given period of time?
Answer: Such candidates will be considered as disqualified and no request in this regard will be entertained.