The Research Management Aptitude Test (RMAT) conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) will shortlist the candidates for admission into PhD courses offered at AMU. The test will be held through online mode and the candidates can apply for the same, also through online mode. For final selection, the candidates will also have to appear for the interview process. Interview will be conducted only for those who clear the online exam. Complete details of AIMA RMAT 2022 such as application process, exam pattern is provided here in a nutshell.
Latest- AIMA RMAT application form is now available.
- Candidates must submit their application form before the specified last date in order to receive the admit card.
- Relevant work experience is a must for the candidates to be eligible for the research aptitude test.
- Exam center details and schedule of the exam will be communicated to the candidates through their admit card.
- Candidates who are found ineligible for the course at any stage will be debarred from the admission process.
- In case of any query regarding the online registration, the candidates send email to p[email protected]. No other forms of communication will be entertained.
Below given are the tentative dates related to AIMA RMAT 2022:
|Online registration deadline||Released|
|Deadline for application||12th March 2022|
|Date of releasing admit card||From 15th March 2022|
|Exam date||19th March 2022|
The following eligibility criteria should be followed by the candidates hoping to appear for AIMA RMAT 2022:
- The candidates with a master’s degree in Management or allied subjects like Commerce, Humanities, Science, Engineering, Law etc or a PGDM/ PGDITM approved by AICTE, or Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accountancy or any other professional considered equivalent to two years full time master’s degree can apply.
- Additionally, the candidates should have passed their master’s degree with at least 55% marks along with minimum 50% marks in graduation.
- The candidate should be a full time employee with at least five years of experience (after post graduation) at Managerial level in Industry/ Government/ Ministry/ NGO/ Defense/ Military organization.
- Those who are a full time Faculty at a Management Institute approved by AICTE or affiliated to a University with at least five years of experience after post graduation are also eligible.
- The candidate who does not remain in employment for whatsoever reasons during the programme need to seek permission from the Research Committee for further continuance of the programme.
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria given above can proceed with the application process. The application form for AIMA RMAT 2022 can be obtained from the official website www.aima.in.
- The candidates will first have to register themselves using their name, email id, phone number, etc and generate a login id and password.
- After successful registration, the applicants can login using the generated credentials and fill the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal details, academic details, address details, etc.
- Applicants will also have to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format into the application form.
- Once all the details are provided into the application form, the candidates can submit it online.
- A prescribed amount of application fee will also be submitted along with the application form.
- The application fee for the test is Rs. 1500/- and can be paid via debit card/ credit card/ net banking or demand draft.
- In case the payment is done via DD, the draft should be drawn in favor of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi from any bank.
- A hard copy of the filled-in application form should be sent along with the demand draft to the address mentioned below.
Manager – PhD Programme
All India Management Association
15, Link Road, Lajpat Nagar, Part- III,
New Delhi- 110024
- Candidates can download the admit card using any two of the online application number, date of birth and email id.
- Admit card will only be released on the official website and will not be sent through post, courier or any other way.
- A printout of the admit card must be carried to the exam center along with a valid identity proof.
- Permission for entry into the exam hall will be denied in the absence of any of these documents.
- Candidates are suggested to preserve the admit card till the end of admission process, as it might be required during the admission.
Check below the basic exam pattern for AIMA RMAT 2022:
- Exam mode: Online, i.e. Computer-based test
- Duration of exam: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Medium of test: English
- Number & type of questions: 100 objective type questions
- Marking scheme: All question will carry equal marks
- Negative marking: Not applicable
- Important topics: Basics of Management and Research Fundamentals & Aptitude
The candidates should prepare the following topics in detail for RMAT:
- Basics of Management: Functions of managers in business organizations, Managerial skills and levels, Meaning Power & authority, Functions of human resource managers, Fundamentals of human resource management- recruitment, selection, training & appraisal, Functions of marketing managers, Concepts and components of marketing mix, Functions of finance mangers, Indian financial systems, Basic accounting concepts, Balance sheet & its components, Globalization of business, Functions of operations managers, Statistical quality control techniques, Inventory costs & simple models, Elements of business environment
- Research Fundamentals and Aptitude: Decisional and research problems, Steps in research, Primary & secondary data, Types & properties of the four types of scales used for data collection, Population & sample, Types of sampling methods, Methods of data collection, Data interpretation, Types of variables, Logical reasoning, Research & teaching aptitude, Research ethics, Overview of higher education system in India
- Applicants can check the result of the management test from the official website of AIMA.
- To check the result, the candidates will have to provide details such as roll number, application number, date of birth, etc.
- Candidates who score more than the prescribed cut-off will be shortlisted for the interview round.
- A list of the qualified candidates will be prepared and published on the official website containing their form number, name, date and time of interview.
- The candidates will have to report for the interview round as per their names in this list.
Interview & Final Selection
- Details of the interview round will be communicated to the qualified candidates through the official website.
- Candidates should report for the interview as per the specified schedule along with their original documents (and their photocopies as well).
- After the interview is conducted, the documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified.
- Final admission will be offered to those whose documents and eligibility are verified successfully.
- The candidates who fail to report for the interview round will not be considered for admission.