AILET 2022 will be conducted by the National Law University, Delhi to select the candidates for admissions into its law courses. Admissions will be granted to the shortlisted candidates into BA LLB, LLM and PhD courses. Interested and eligible candidates may submit their application form from 17th January 2022. Candidates can get the important details related to the AILET 2022 such as exam pattern, application form, etc here from this article.
The deadline to submit AILET 2022 application form has been extended till 25th May 2022.
AILET 2022 application form will release on 17th January 2022.
AILET 2022 will be held on 1st May 2022.
AILET 2022 Major Highlights
- Old question papers of entrance test of BA LLB (Hons) programme can be obtained on payment of Rs. 500/-.
- Payment can be done by credit card/ debit card or by sending a demand draft of Rs. 550/- in favor of Registrar, National Law University Delhi payable at New Delhi.
- Admission of foreign candidates will be given on the basis of merit and such candidates need not appear in the entrance exam.
- Candidates must ensure their eligibility before applying for the entrance test. Application fee once submitted will not be refunded.
- In case candidates’ photograph on the admit card is not clearly visible, he/she must bring two stamp size photographs and a valid photo identity proof.
AILET Important Dates 2022
The important dates related to AILET 2022 are given in the table below.
|Release of official notification||17th January 2022|
|Availability of online application form||17th January 2022|
|Last date for submission of application form||25th May 2022|
|Admit card release date||Will be notified|
|Date of entrance test||26th June 2022
|Declaration of result (for LLB courses)||Will be notified|
|Declaration of result (for LLM courses)||Will be notified|
|Declaration of result (for PhD courses)||Will be notified|
|Publication of LLB admission list||Will be notified|
|Last date for depositing admission fee||Will be notified|
|Closing of admission||Will be notified|
|Date of interview||Will be notified|
|Commencement of classes||Will be notified|
AILET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility to appear in AILET 2022 is given below:
BA LLB (Hons) course:
- The candidates should have passed their Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2 System) or equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Those appearing in the 12th standard examination in the year 2022 can also apply.
- A pass in LLB or an equivalent law degree exam with 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) is required.
- The candidates appearing in final year of LLB exam in the year 2019 are eligible too.
- LLM degree with 55% marks or its equivalent (50% in case of SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) is required.
AILET Application Form 2022
AILET 2022 application form can be obtained in online mode by visiting the official website of NLU, Delhi www.nlu.ac.in. The candidates are advised to keep the important details ready beforehand prior to applying for the exam.
- The candidates will be asked to provide the personal details, academic details, contact details, etc into the application form.
- Applicants will also have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature in the application form.
- After providing all the data as required in the form, the candidates can submit it online.
- Along with the application form, the applicants will also have to submit a prescribed amount of application fee.
- After the application form is successfully submitted, the candidates should take its printout and keep it safe for future use.
- There is no need to send the printout of the application form to the university.
- Candidates will have to pay an application fee of Rs. 3050/- (Rs. 1050/- for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates).
- The candidates belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) and SC/ ST category simultaneously will be exempted application fee payment.
- Submission of application fee can be done through online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
AILET 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview for AILET 2022 is provided below:
For BA LLB (Hons.):
- Duration of exam: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Question paper language: English
- Number of questions: 150
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 150
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 1 mark will be provided
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10||10|
AILET Admit Card 2022
- The admit card for AILET 2022 is expected to release in the 4th week of April 2022 through online mode.
- Candidates can download their admit card by visiting the official website of the law university.
- A colored printout of the admit card should be taken after download to be carried to the exam center.
- No candidate will be allowed entry in the exam hall without a valid admit card.
- The candidates belonging to PWD category should also bring copy of disability certificate to the exam center.
- Admit card must be preserved by the candidates as it may also be required at the time of admission.
AILET 2022 Result
- It is expected that the result of the BA LLB entrance exam will be announced in the month of May 2022.
- Result of LLM and PhD entrance test will be tentatively declared in the month of July 2022.
- The candidates will be able to check their result from the official website of the university.
- Apart from this, the qualified candidates can also download their score card from the official website.
- A list of the candidates who are shortlisted for admissions will be prepared according to their AILET score.
AILET Admission Process 2022
- Candidates whose names appear in the admission list will have to report to the university as per the given schedule.
- The documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified before providing final admission.
- Candidates will have to make submission of admission fee and complete rest other formalities of admission.
- Those who fail to complete all the formalities with the prescribed time limit will forfeit their seats.