Those candidates who are looking for admission into the MD, MS, MDS, DM, and M.Ch courses offered at the AIIMS need to appear for the entrance exam to be conducted by the institute itself. Interested candidates who want to apply need to register themselves in online mode. Just like the application process, the entrance exam will also take place in online mode only. The institute accepts new applications for AIIMS PG 2021 in two sessions i.e. January session and July session. Aspirants may go through this article to get complete information about the AIIMS PG 2021 admission process.
The application form for AIIMS PG 2021 for July session has been released now.
AIIMS PG 2021 seat allotment process has been commenced for DM/MCh courses.
AIIMS PG 2021 application form for January 2021 session has been released now.
AIIMS PG 2021 Important Dates
The official schedule for admission into January session and July session in given in the table below.
|Main Activities||Official Dates|
|January Session||July Session|
DM/M.Ch/MD (Hospital Administrator
|Beginning of online registration for admission||10 Sep 2020||2nd week November 2020|
|Last date for the completion of the registration process||30 Sep 2020||2nd week of February 2021|
|Availability of the correction window||14 Oct 2020||2nd week of February 2021|
|Closure of the correction window||To be updated||2nd week of February 2021|
|Publication of the registration status & last date for correction of rejected images||To be updated||3rd week of February 2021|
|Closing of image correction||To be updated||4th week of February 2021|
|Code generation of the applications accepted||To be updated||Last week of February 2021|
|Last date for accepting the code||To be updated||4th week of March 2021|
|Starting of the final registration||To be updated||2nd week of March 2021|
|Last date of final registration||To be updated||4th week of March 2021|
|Availability of the final registration status||To be updated||4th week of March 2021|
|Opening of the correction window||To be updated||Last week of March 2021|
|Closing of the correction window||To be updated||Last week of March 2021|
|Issuance of the admit j,gbmcard||To be updated||4th week of April 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||To be updated||First Stage– 3 Apr 2021|
Second Stage – 19 Apr to 21 Apr 2021
|Result declaration||To be updated||1st week of May 2021|
|Beginning of the counselling process||To be updated||To be notified|
AIIMS PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for every applicant to fulfill the eligibility criteria listed below in order to apply for the exam.
- For admission to MD/ MS course, the candidate must have an MBBS degree.
- Having a BDS degree is required for admission to MDS degree course.
- The degrees must be recognized by the Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India.
- Interested candidates must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating Internship/ practical training on or before 31st January 2021 (for January session) or 31st July 2021 (for July session)
- The minimum marks required for qualifying the exam for general/ OBC candidates is 55% (50% for SC/ ST candidates)
Eligibility for foreign University Graduates
- Those Indian National Candidates who have been graduated from foreign Universities are required to clear the FMGE exam to be conducted by the NBE by scoring at least 55% mark (50% for SC/ ST candidates)
Eligibility for Foreign National Candidates
- The eligibility criteria for Foreign National candidates are same as that of the Indian students.
- However, for that they need to obtain the certificate of grading system from the university/ Institution to determine the value of their grading in percentage.
AIIMS PG Application Form 2021
- The application process for AIIMS PG 2021 will starting with the online registration on the official website.
- During registration candidates have to provide some of their basic details father’s name, email address, phone number, category, gender, nationality, identification proof, etc.
- In addition to this, the aspirants have to upload the following documents in the application form for future requirements.
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidates
- Left hand thumb impression
- Other certificates as applicable.
- After the basic registration process gets over, candidates will be allowed to do the necessary corrections in the application form.
- Registration status of the applicants will be made available on the official website. This status consists of deficiency in the documents uploaded.
- Candidates will be allowed to make the required changes within the stipulated time in order to get code for final registration. Getting this code is compulsory for the final registration.
- At the time of final registration, the candidates have to enter the qualification details, choose the exam centre city, and pay the necessary application fee.
- The online application process will get complete after the final registration.
- The application fee is different for the candidates of various categories.
- General/ OBC Candidates: Rs. 1500/-
- SC/ ST/ EWS Candidates: Rs. 1200/-
Mode of Payment: The fees must be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
Note: Persons with bench mark disabilities are exempted for the payment of fees.
AIIMS PG 2021 Exam Pattern
The basic AIIMS PG 2021 exam pattern is explained below.
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer-Based Test)
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours
- Language of Questions: English
- Number of Questions: 200
Type of Questions and marking pattern
|Type of Questions||Correct Answer||Incorrect Answer|
|Match the following||+1/4||-1/4|
|Multiple True False||+1/5||-1/5|
|Single Best Response||+1||-1/3|
AIIMS PG 2021 Admit Card
Here are some crucial information regarding AIIMS PG admit card:
- After submitting the application forms online, candidates will be able to download their admit cards from the official website.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to enter their application number and date of birth.
- It is important to take a printout of the downloaded admit card and take it to the exam centre.
- Those who will reach the examination center without an admit card will not be allowed to take the exam.
- It is also compulsory to carry a photo Id proof at the examination center.
AIIMS PG 2021 Result
- Soon after the exam, the result will be made available online through the official website.
- The result card consist of information about the marks scored the candidate in individual subjects.
- Please note that no separate score card will be sent.
- A merit list on the basis of the percentile marks secured by the candidates will be prepared on the basis of ranking.
- The candidates getting their names in the merit list will be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
AIIMS PG 2021 Counselling
- As per the schedule decided by the institute different rounds of counselling will be organized.
- Please note that the counselling process will take place online.
- During the counselling process, candidates have to provide their choice of the AIIMS.
- The allotment of seats will take place on the basis of choice filled and their ranking.
- Documents of the candidates are also verified at the time of joining.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is it possible to get the Admit card by post?
Answer: No, authorities will not send admit card to any candidate by post.
Question – 2: What if I am not satisfied with my scores in the AIIMS PG 2021 exam. Can I challenge the same?
Answer: Candidates should note that there is no provision for rechecking or re-evaluation.
Question – 3: What if there is some error in the details mentioned on the admit card. How can I get these details rectified?
Answer: All kind of discrepancy found on the admit card should be immediately to the notice of the Assistant Controller of Examinations AIIMS, New Delhi via Email.