Candidates, who attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission, are allowed to apply for AIIMS MBBS entrance examination. They should have passed class 12th or its equivalent examination. They must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks if they belong to General & OBC category (50% for SC/ST & 45% for PWBD).
Aspirants are advised to fill the AIIMS MBBS application form only after checking the eligibility for the exam. AIIMS MBBS is a national level entrance exam to get admission in medical courses. In this article, candidates can check the Eligibility criteria for AIIMS in brief as well as the latest news regarding AIIMS Eligibility Criteria 2021.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility 2021
The eligibility of AIIMS varies from category to category. However, Aspirants can check the AIIMS MBBS eligibility according to their respective category. Below we have mentioned the complete eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
Criteria for Indian National
- Aspirant’s age should be or will be a minimum of 17 years as on the 31st of December 2021.
- Aspirants born on 2nd January 2005 or after that are not eligible to apply.
Qualification Requirement (Essential)
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirant should pass class 12th Board Exams with any of the given boards –
Higher Secondary Education (HSC)
Senior School Certificate Education (CBSE)
Intermediate Science (I.Sc) or its Equivalent.
- Subjects: It is mandatory for aspirants to pass in English and PCB subjects.
- Minimum Marks: The minimum marks (English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) to appear in the examination will be –
60% for OBC & General category
50% for SC/ST/OPH category.
- Appearing Candidates: Aspirants appeared or appearing in their 10+2 examination with given subjects may also apply. Such types of candidates will have to pass the qualifying exam with required percentage of marks in the AIIMS 2020 exam.
- They will be considered for the admission only if they produce the documentary proof of passing the qualifying exam.
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI): Common to AIIMS, New Delhi and six other AIIMS
- OCI candidates will have to register themselves under section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible for the exam.
- They’ll have to provide relevant proof under the section.
- They also need to fulfill the requirements mentioned for Indian nationals above.
Foreign Nationals (Applicable to AIIMS, New Delhi only)
- Aspirants who belong to the foreign nationals and are nominated by the Government of India are eligible to apply.
- They’ll have to score a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the subjects of PCB and English in their intermediate science or equivalent to be eligible for AIIMS.
- Foreign Nationals have to contact Indian Mission/Post Abroad in their country & MEA, Govt of India, New Delhi for their nomination.
- Candidates nominated by GOI are not required to appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination.