AIIMS MBBS exam will be conducted at the national level tentatively through 145 cities all across the country. The test will be held over a duration of 31⁄2 hours (three hours and thirty minutes). The morning shift will be from 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM and the evening shift would be from 03:00 PM to 06:30 PM. Candidates can find variations in the number of shifts and dates based on the number of applicants/logistics etc. There will be 200 questions in total from Chemistry, Physics, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude. All the questions would be of class 12th standard.
AIIMS Exam Pattern 2021
Aspirants need to follow the exam pattern in order to crack the exam. The AIIMS Exam Pattern 2021 is mentioned below for candidate’s quick reference:
- Mode of Exam: Online Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Shifts: Two shifts (morning and afternoon).
- Exam Date: Last week of May.
- Subjects: PCB and General Knowledge/Aptitude.
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours 30 Minutes.
- Shift timing: 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and (3:00 PM to 6:30 PM).
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Reason-Assertion type.
- Total Questions:
- Language of the examination: English & Hindi.
|Type of Questions||Marking Criteria|
Question Distribution of AIIMS Exam Pattern 2021
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Biology(Botany + Zoology)||60|
|General Knowledge & Aptitude||20|
AIIMS MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus of AIIMS is not prescribed exclusively by the conducting body i.e. AIIMS. The syllabus will be in accordance to the syllabus of 12th standard as per 10+2 Criteria. Aspirants must prepare for the exam strictly according to the syllabus mentioned to crack the exam with flying colors. They should make an effective time table investing equal time for each subject properly. They need to follow the standard NCERT books and some other reference books but should avoid too many sources as it will create confusion.
Important Instructions for Exam
- Aspirants of AIIMS 2021 are advised to report at the centre Two hours before the reporting time stated on the admit card.
- Aspirants will not be allowed to enter the exam hall prior 15 minutes of the exam.
- Aspirants must not bring a pen/pencil, electronic gadgets, exam material, etc in the examination hall.
- They will be allowed to enter the hall only with their respective admit card & valid ID proof.