AIIMS 2020: MBBS Admission Through NEET
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi will conduct the AIIMS 2020 exam in order to screen the candidates for MBBS admission in nine AIIMS across India. It is expected that the online registration for this exam will start from the month of November 2019. As it is going to be a national level exam, the competition level is expected to quite high.
The candidates aspiring to appear for the AIIMS 2020 entrance exam can check all the necessary details such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, application form etc. from this article.
New Update: No separate AIIMS entrance exam for MBBS admission, it has been replaced by NEET. Apply here for NEET 2020
AIIMS MBBS 2020 is scheduled to be held on 30th & 31st May 2020, the application form might release in November 2019. Read more about the application form.
Important Dates for AIIMS 2020
The tentative Schedule for the AIIMS 2020 exam is given in the table below. The exact schedule will be updated on this page after the release of official notification.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration||November 2019|
|Last date for online registration||1st week of March 2020|
|Status of submitted application form||3rd week of March 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||30th & 31st May 2020|
|Date of AIIMS Entrance Exam 2020||Last week of May 2020|
|Announcement of Result||3rd week of June 2020|
|Starting of Classes||1st week of August 2020|
AIIMS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to fulfill following eligibility criteria in order to appear for the AIIMS 2020 exam
- The age of a candidate should be at least 17 years as on 31st December 2020
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- The students who will appear for the 10+2 exam with given subjects in the year 2020 can also apply.
- The candidates need to score at least 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWBD) aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- All Indian nationals are eligible to appear for this exam
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Non Resident Indians (NRI) will be required to submit the proof of registration as OCI/NRI in order to appear for the exam.
- Foreign Nationals nominated by the government of India can apply for AIIMS, New Delhi only. Such candidates need not to appear for the AIIMS 2020 entrance exam.
AIIMS 2020 Application Form
The application form for AIIMS 2020 exam will be available only in online mode through the official website i.e. www.aiimsexams.org. We will also update a direct link to fill the application form on this page. The candidates have to enter all the necessary details in the application form such as educational qualification details, personal details and contact details. In addition to the details, the candidates will also require to upload the scanned copies of passport size photograph, signature and thumb impression on the application form.
After the submission of application form, candidates will be able to check the status of their application form i.e. accepted/rejected through the official website.
The AIIMS 2020 application form will not be considered complete unless the candidate pays the prescribed application fee.
- For General Candidates: Rs. 1500/-
- Other Backward Class (OBC both creamy and non-creamy layer): Rs. 1500/-
- Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates: Rs. 1200/-
- Persons with Benchmark disabilities (PWBD): Exempted
Mode of Payment
- The application fee will be paid only via online payments gateways using a credit card, debit card or Net Banking.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern
This exam is proposed to be conducted in 155 cities across India. The exam pattern for AIIMS MBBS 2020 is given below:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours and 30 Minutes
- Number of Questions: 200
- Type of Questions: Objective Type (Multiple Choice and Reason Assertion type)
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will get a score of 1 Mark. There will be a negative marking of 1/3 mark in case of an incorrect answer.
- Language of Questions: Questions will be asked in both Hindi and English language.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking.
Subject wise distribution of Questions:
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||60|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
AIIMS 2020 Syllabus
The institute will not prescribe any syllabus for AIIIMS 2020 exam. The standard or difficulty level of entrance exam will be similar to that of class 12th/ intermediate science. The important topics from each subject are mentioned below:
- Physics: Kinematics, Work, Energy and Power, Laws of Motion, Properties of Bulk Matter, Gravitation, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Induction, and Alternating Currents, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Electronic Devices etc.
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution, Structural Organization in general-knowledge Animals and Plants, Reproduction, Plant Physiology, Ecology and environment, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Biology and Human Welfare, Human physiology etc.
- Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Some p-Block Elements, Hydrogen, Hydrocarbons, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Halo alkenes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers etc.
- General Knowledge: Current affairs, Science, Books and Authors, History and Geography, Business, Awards and prizes, Awards and prizes etc.
How to prepare for AIIMS 2020 exam?
AIIMS 2020 is one of the premier medical entrance exams in India. The candidates have to face severe competition in order to do well in this exam. However, there are some tips and tricks which the applicants should follow in order to prepare for the AIIMS 2020 in a better way.
- First of all, focus on clearing your basic concepts. The best way for the clearing basic concepts is to study from the NCERT books.
- Practice as many previous year’s question papers and mock tests as possible.
- Make separate notes for chemical reactions of chemistry and formulas of Physics. This will help you revise them in a short time.
- Try to understand the biology terminologies under than trying to memorize each and every thing.
- Read newspapers and current affair magazine in order to do well in the General Knowledge section.
- Stay positive and healthy during the course of preparation. Make sure you have proper sleep and a healthy diet.
Recommended Books for AIIMS 2020
The first book which the candidates should follow for starting their preparation is NCERT. After going through NCERT, the applicants should follow other recommended help books as mentioned below:
- For Physics: Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma, Concept of Competition Physics – Agarwal
- For Chemistry: Organic Chemistry by Paul Bruice, Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd, Inorganic Chemisty by J.D. Lee
- For Biology: Objective Biology by Dinesh, Trueman’s Biology – Volume 1 and 2, AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford)
AIIMS 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be available for download through the official website from the 2nd week of May 2020 tentatively. The candidates have to download the admit card and take a printout of the same. The institute will not send any admit card by post. The aspirants have to carry admit card along with one photo identity proof at the time of exam. The venue time and shift of the exam will be mentioned on the admit card.
If any candidate does not found his/her admit card on the official website then he/she should immediately contact to the Assistant Controller of Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi – 110608.
AIIMS Result 2020
After the commencement of exam, the AIIMS 2020 result will be uploaded on the official website. The marks and percentile score of each candidate will be updated on the official website but the institute will not intimate the unsuccessful candidates. A direct link to check the result will also be posted on this page when available. There will be no provision for re-checking or re-evaluation.
The Minimum cutoff percentiles for AIIMS 2020 are given below:
- For General Candidates: 50%
- For OBC (Non-Creamy Layer): 45%
- For SC/ST candidates: 40%
AIIMS 2020 Counselling
The no. of candidates who will be called for the 1st round of counselling will be 4 times the number of seats available. The counselling for AIIMS 2020 will be held only in online mode. The candidates have to fill their choices of institutes at the time of counselling. The allotment of seats will be done strictly on the basis of merit and choice filled by the candidates.