AIHMCT stands for the Army Institute of hotel management and catering technology. The institute will conduct the AIHMCT WAT 2022 examination in order to shortlist the candidates for admission to hotel management courses at the Undergraduate level. After clearing the entrance exam, candidates are also required to appear in the interview. Interested candidates who want to apply for this examination need to fill the application form before the last date. It is expected that the application process will begin in the month of January 2022. All the necessary details related to the AIHMCT WAT 2022 are provided in this post.
AIHMCT WAT 2022 Important Dates
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of application form submission||Last week of January 2022|
|Last date to submit application form||3rd week of July 2022|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of July 2022|
|Last date for scrutiny of online application and uploaded documents||3rd week of July 2022|
|Declaration of shortlisted and reserved category list||3rd week of July 2022|
|AIHMCT WAT||4th week of July 2022|
|Declaration of result and merit||3rd week of August 2022|
|Verification of documents and reporting to the college||3rd week of August 2022|
|Commencement of new session at AIHMCT||3rd week of September 2022|
AIHMCT WAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
All those who are looking to apply must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent exam in any stream from a recognized board.
- Please note that the aspirants should have studied English as a compulsory subject at class 12th or equivalent level.
- Those students who are going to appear for the 10+2 or equivalent examination in the year 2022 are also eligible.
- The age of a candidate should not be more than 22 years as on 1st July 2022.
- Aspirants must not have any abnormality in the lungs or heart. They must not have any history of epileptic fits or mental disease.
- Candidates must meet the visual parameters like they must have a vision of 6/9 in both the eyes or 6/6 whichever is better.
AIHMCT WAT 2022 Application Form
AIHMCT WAT 2022 will release in online mode. It is expected that the application process will begin in the month of January 2022. The complete details related to the process of application are given below.
- To start the application process, aspirants have to visit the official website of the AIHMCT i.e. aihmctbangalore.edu.in.
- On the official website, candidates need to register as a new user.
- In order to register, applicants have to enter their basic details like name, email ID, date of birth, etc.
- Once registered, candidates may sign-in and access the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants are required to provide their complete academic, contact, and personal details.
- In addition to the details, candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- Apart from this, it is also necessary to upload the scanned images of the following documents.
- 10th Std Certificate
- 11th Std Certificate
- 12th Std Certificate if passed previous year or else mentioned Appearing
- Eligibility Certificates (If applicable)
- Willingness Certificate
- Parent Declaration
- Caste Certificate (if SC/ST/OBC)
- Details of Gallantry Awards (if Yes) attach Gazette Notification
- While filling details in the application form, aspirants are also required to choose the examination center.
- Once the application form is submitted, candidates need to pay the necessary application fee.
- It is advised to keep a printout of the application form safe for future requirements.
- The application fee is the same for all candidates i.e. Rs. 750/-
AIHMCT WAT 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card of AIHMCET WAT 2022 will release online through the official website of the institute.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to provide their registration details on the official website.
- The details about the examination date, time, and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- Apart from the admit card, candidates also need to carry their one photo ID proof.
AIHMCT WAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The pattern for the AIHMCT WAT 2022 exam is explained below.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of the examination: 3 hours
- Language of the questions: English only
- Number of questions: 100
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative marking: Not applicable
Section wise pattern
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Section A – English Language||20 questions||20 marks|
|Section B – General Knowledge||20 questions||20 marks|
|Section C – Hospitality and Tourism||20 questions||20 marks|
|Section D – Reasoning and Logical Deduction||20 questions||20 marks|
|Section E – Scientific Aptitude and Numerical Ability||20 questions||20 marks|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
AIHMCT WAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of AIHMCT WAT 2022 is given below.
Reasoning and logical deduction: Analytical Reasoning, Statements assumptions, Statements arguments, Statements conclusions, Statements action, Series, Blood relations related questions, Symbols and notations, Alphabet Test, Data interpretation, Direction and Distance related questions, Linear Arrangement, Complex Arrangement, Coding and Decoding, Syllogism, Problems based on Symmetry, Problems based on Visual Ability
Numerical ability and scientific aptitude: Elementary Mathematics, Arithmetic (Number Theory), Variation, Chain Rule, Percentage calculation, Profit and Loss, Calculate areas and volumes, Unitary Method Questions, Age Questions, Clocks & Calendar related questions, Speed (of cars, trains etc.) related questions, Ratio and Proportion, Average, Logarithms, Number Systems, Square Roots, Cube Roots, Fractions and Decimals, H.C.F. and L.C.M., Simplification, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Time and Distance related questions, Work and Wage related questions
Command and test of English language: Vocabulary, English proficiency, Synonyms, Antonyms, Spelling mistakes, Rearrangement of words in sentence, Rearrangement of sentence in paragraph, Analogies, Idioms and phrases, One word substitution, Sentence formation, Sentence completion, Sentence improvement, Sentence Reconstruction, Paragraph formation, Paragraph completion, Fill in the blanks
AIHMCET WAT 2022 Result
- The result of AIHMCT WAT 2022 examination will be made available on the official website.
- To check the result, candidates have to enter the roll number and registration detail on the official portal.
- The section-wise and total marks scored by the candidates will be mentioned on the result card.
- Apart from the result, authorities will release the merit list of the candidates selected.
- In case of a tie, preference will be given to the candidates with a better score in the class 12th level.
Personal Interview and Counselling
- Successful candidates who will get their names will be invited to the personal interview.
- Those candidates who will be shortlisted after the personal interview will be called to participate in the counselling process.
- At the time of the counselling, authorities will also verify the documents.
- The allotment of seats will be based on the performance of candidates in the entrance test and personal interview.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode, the examination will take place?
Answer: The exam will be held in online mode i.e. computer based test.
Question -2: Will there be any negative marking in the exam?
Answer: No, there will not be any negative marking.
Question – 3: What is the maximum age to apply for this exam?
Answer: The age of a candidate should be less than 22 years as of 1st July 2022.
Question – 4: In which cities, the examination will be held?
Answer: Pathankot, Jammu, Chandigarh, Ambala, Delhi, Jaipur, Dehradun, Lucknow, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Gwalior, Pune, Baroda, Ahmedabad, Kota, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Belgaum, Chennai, Trivandrum, Wellington /Ooty, Kolkata, Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Jalpaiguri
Question – 5: What is the selection process for admission?
Answer: In order to get selected for admission, candidates need to clear both entrance exam and personal interview.