AIBE 2023: The All India Bar Examination (AIBE) will conduct the AIBE 18 exam to examine an advocate’s capability to practice the profession of law in India. The exam will be conducted in over 40 cities all across the country and will be held in 11 different languages. Candidates who wish to appear in this exam can apply for the same in online mode. The date of releasing AIBE 2023 application form will announce soon. Those who clear the exam will be awarded ‘Certificate of Practice’ by the Bar Council of India.
AIBE 2023 (18) Important Highlights
- Candidates with 50% or more disability under specific category like blindness, amputated arms will be given 20 minutes extra time per hour to complete the exam.
- There is no limit to age or to the number of attempts for appearing in the AIBE 18 2023 exam.
- Applications submitted without the proper documents will be rejected summarily and no communication in this regard will be sent.
- Authorities will release the answer key of the exam on the official website and the candidates will be given the opportunity to raise their objections on it, if any.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to clear the AIBE exam if they wish to practice law in any place in India.
AIBE 2023 Exam Dates
In the table below, the important dates related to AIBE 18 2023 have been provided:
|Starting of online registration and release of application form||To be updated soon|
|Beginning of application fee submission via challan||To be updated soon|
|Last date for candidates to register online||To be updated soon|
|Last date to submit the application fee||To be updated soon|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be updated soon|
|Admit card issue date||To be updated soon|
|Exam date||To be updated soon|
|Publication of answer key||To be updated soon|
|Announcement of result||To be updated soon|
AIBE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility must be fulfilled by the candidates appearing for AIBE 18 2023:
- Only the candidates of Indian nationality are eligible to apply for AIBE 18 2023.
- The candidates should have completed 3-year LLB or 5-year Integrated LLB degree course in order to be eligible.
- Candidates must be enrolled with respective State Bar Council to appear for AIBE 18 2023.
- The applicants must also hold an Advocate ID Card/ Enrollment Card issued by the State Bar Council.
AIBE 2023 Application Form
- The application form for AIBE 18 exam 2023 will be released in online mode on the official website www.allindiabarexamination.com.
- Basic personal and academic details related to the candidates will be asked in the application form.
- Photograph, signature and other important documents in scanned format should also be uploaded into the form.
- Once these details are saved into the form, a registration number and password will be generated and sent to the registered mobile number and email address.
- Using these details, the candidates need to log in to their account and print challan for submitting the application fee.
- After application fee submission, the candidates will be required to provide the challan details into the application form.
- Only after this, the process of application will be considered as complete.
- Upon successful submission, a hard copy of the application form should be taken and kept by the candidates for future reference.
- The application fee for AIBE 18 exam is expected to be Rs. 3560/- for general/ OBC candidates.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ ST category, the application fee will be Rs. 2560/-.
- Payment of application fee can be done through challan or through online mode (net banking/ credit card/ debit card) as well.
Self-attested copies of the following documents in scanned format should be uploaded into the application form:
- Advocate ID card
- Enrollment certificate
- Category certificate
- Disability certificate
- Copy of challan after fee submission
The overview of AIBE 18 2023 exam pattern has been provided below as:
- Duration of exam: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Mode of exam: Offline mode
- Type of exam: Open book exam
- Medium of test: Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Telugu and Tamil
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice objective type questions
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: For every right answer one mark will be awarded to the candidates
- Negative marking: Negative marking will not be applicable for incorrect answers
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)||10||10|
|Cr.P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10||10|
|I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8||8|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8||8|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law||5||5|
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4||4|
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4||4|
|Labour & Industrial Laws||4||4|
|Public Interest Litigation||4||4|
|Law related to Taxation||4||4|
|Land Acquisition Act||2||2|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2||2|
- Candidates whose applications are submitted on time can download their admit card from the official AIBE website.
- The candidates will be able to download their admit card using their application number and password.
- The admit card will contain the details related to the exam such as center, date, time and to the candidates such as name, gender, etc.
- Applicants must carry the admit card to the center on the day of exam or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Those with any kind of disability/ illness/ special needs should also carry the disability certificate/ medical prescription.
- It is suggested that the candidates preserve the admit card till the whole process of admission is over.
- Result of the AIBE 18 exam 2023 will be released online on the official website of AIBE www.allindiabarexamination.com.
- The result will consist of the marks scored by the candidates in the exam and the rank obtained by them.
- In case the candidates have any query regarding the result, they can submit their grievances within 7 days of declaration of result.
- Candidates who qualify the exam will be awarded a Certificate of Practice and will be eligible to practice law anywhere in India.
Question 1: What can I do if I found a mistake in my application form after its submission?
Answer: In case you find any error in the application form upon submission, you can send a request for correction into the form before the release of the admit card. Once the admit card is released, no request for change in the application will be accepted.
Question 2: Can you name the documents that I need to carry while reporting to the exam center?
Answer: The candidates appearing for the exam need to carry the following documents:
- AIBE 18 admit card
- Photo identity proof
- Disability certificate, if applicable
- Advocate Enrollment Certificate
Question 3: How can I raise objection in case I am not satisfied with the answer key?
Answer: The candidates can send an email regarding their objections to the concerned authorities within 10 working days of the release of the answer key. Once this time period is over, no claim will be entertained.