Institute of Actuaries of India will conduct the ACET 2022 exam. Those candidates who are looking to pursue their career in the field of actuary after completing the class 12th may apply for the exam. Please note the ACET examination is conducted thrice in a calendar year. Interested candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. It is going to be an online examination in which the candidates have to answer 70 objective type questions. In this post, we are going to provide you complete details related to the ACET 2022 examination.
ACET 2022 application form has been released now.
ACET 2022 Important Dates
The official dates for ACET 2022 are given in the table below.
|June 2022 Session|
|Registration process||11th January 2022|
|Registration deadline||2nd June 2022 up to 3.00 PM|
|Exam date||25th June 2022 (10.00 am to 1.00 pm)|
|Result to be announced||2nd July 2022|
ACET Eligibility Criteria 2022
Those candidates who are looking to apply must make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- There is no upper or lower age limit to apply for the examination.
- The candidates must have passed the class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Aspirants should have studied English at the 10+2 level.
- Those students who are going to appear for the 12th class or equivalent exam are also eligible.
ACET 2022 Application Form
The application form of ACET 2022 will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply may access the application form through the official website. Given below are the details by which a candidate can apply for the examination easily.
- To start the application process, aspirants are required to register on the official website.
- During the registration process, candidates will be asked to provide their basic details like name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Once registered, login credentials will be sent to the candidates.
- Next, candidates have to sign-in using the login credentials generated at the time of the registration.
- Then, the main application form will appear on the screen of the candidates.
- In the main application form, candidates are required to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- In addition to the details, aspirants need to make sure that they upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- The format and size of the photograph and signature should be as per the specifications available on the official website.
- After submitting the application form, candidates are also required to pay the necessary application fee.
- It is advised to take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for the future requirement.
- The ACET 2022 application fee is the same for all candidates i.e. Rs. 3000/-
Mode of payment: Interested candidates can pay the application fee online using a credit card/ debit card/ internet banking.
ACET 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card for the ACET 2022 examination will be made available in online mode.
- Those who want to apply may access the admit cards by entering their registration details through the official website.
- The details like examination date, time, and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the examination without having an admit card.
- It is recommended to keep the admit card safe even after the exam as it might be required during the further rounds of the admission process.
ACET Exam Pattern 2022
It is important for the candidates to go through the following exam pattern in order to prepare for the ACET 2022exam.
- Mode of examination: Home Based Online Examination
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 70
- Language of questions: English
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Marking Scheme: Different for various sections as explained below.
- Sections: Section I (Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation), Section II (English and Logical Reasoning)
- Section wise marks
- Mathematics: 30 marks
- Statistics: 30 marks
- Data Interpretation: 15 marks
- English: 15 marks
- Logical Reasoning: 10
Marking Scheme in the ACET examination
|Number of questions||Marks in case of a correct answer||Negative Marking|
ACET 2022 Syllabus
The subject-wise complete syllabus of the ACET 2022 examination is given below.
- Mathematics: Notation and standard functions, Numerical Methods, Algebra, Differentiation, Integration, Vectors, Matrices
- Statistics: Permutations and combinations, Types of data, Measures of location, Measures of spread, Probabilities, Advanced probabilities, discrete random variables, Continuous random variables, discrete distributions, Continuous distributions, Correlation, Regression.
- English: Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms), English Usage or Grammar, Sentence Correction, Fill in the blanks, Cloze Passage, Analogies or Reverse Analogies, Jumbled Paragraph, Meaning-Usage Match, Summary Questions, Verbal Reasoning, Facts / Inferences / Judgements, Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation: Tables, Column Graphs, Bar Graphs, Line Charts, Pie Chart, Venn Diagrams, Caselets.
- Logical Reasoning: Number and Letter Series, Calendars, Clocks, Cubes, Venn Diagrams, Binary Logic, Seating Arrangement, Logical Sequence, Logical Matching, Logical, Connectives, Syllogism, Blood Relations
Result and Admission process
- The institute will declare the ACET 2022 result online through the official website.
- In order to check the result, aspirants are required to provide their registered email ID and password.
- Only those candidates will be declared successful who will score more than 50% of the total marks.
- Please note that there is no sectional cutoff in this examination.
- After the result declaration, aspirants have to complete all the admission formalities to get the student membership
- It is compulsory to register one more time in order to get the student membership.
- The student member acceptance is subjected to document verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which cities the ACET 2022 examination will take place?
Answer: Mumbai, Indore, Delhi, Nagpur, Kolkata, Ranchi, Bangalore, Kochi, Gurgaon, Bhubhaneshwar, Chennai, Dehradun, Pune, Patna, Hyderabad, Vizag, Jaipur,, Coimbatore, Ahmedabad, Surat, Lucknow, Guwahati, Chandigarh, Raipur.
Question – 2: Is it allowed to use a scientific calculator during the test? If yes, what models of the scientific calculators are allowed?
Answer: Given below is the list of scientific calculators allowed in the examination.
- Casio FX82 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Casio FX83 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Casio FX85 (ES/MS) (with or without any suffix)
- Sharp EL531 (with or without any prefix or suffix)
- Texas Instruments BA II Plus (with or without any suffix)
- Texas Instruments TI-30 (with or without any suffix)
- Hewlett Packard HP12c (with or without any suffix)
Question – 3: What documents do I need to carry while appearing for the examination?
Answer: The following documents are required at the examination centre.
- A hall Ticket in hard copy.
- A Government issued photo Id proof (Aadhar card, driving license, passport, voter ID card or PAN card), in original.
- 12th class students they can carry 12th class exam hall ticket or college ID card having photo duly attested in original
- An approved scientific calculator
Question – 4: Which books should I need to study in order to clear ACET 2022 exam?
Answer: As per the official website, the reference books for the ACET 2022 exam are as follows.
- TOMATO (Test Of Mathematics at Ten plus Two level published by ISI)
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay, Mc Graw Hill
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Editor: Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Editor: Abhijit Guha
- The Pearson and Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT Editor: Nishit K. Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations Editor: R.S. Aggarwal
- High School English Grammar and Composition- Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy Editor: Norman Lewis
- Problem Solving Strategies Editor: Arthur Engel
- Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics by New Age International Publishers
- Challenging Mathematical Problems with Elementary Solutions Editors: A.M. Yaglom and I.M. Yaglom
- An Excursion in Mathematics Editors: M. R. Modak, S. A. Katre, V. V. Acharya, V. M. Sholapurkar
- Problem Primer for the Olympiad Editors: C R Pranesachar, B J Venkatachala, C S Yogananda
- Trishna’s Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and other MBA Entrance Examinations
- ACTED Study Material – FAC and STATS PACK
Question – 5: How may I contact the IAI?
Answer: You may contact the IAI by sending an email at ACET helpdesk i.e. [email protected] Alternatively, you may also give a call at 022-62433333/ 3336.
Question – 6: For how long the ACET 2022 result will remain valid?
Answer: The ACET 2022 scores will remain valid for 3 years after the declaration of the result.